What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

International Arrow Films/Arrow Video - DVD distributors of classic, world, horror and cult films, and TV series (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Ugh...What a letdown. Lionsgate's release was one of the worst-looking DVDs I've ever seen - Arrow couldn't do better? How can there not be a decent print of this movie anywhere? I have no reason to pick this up...not even for the extras. It's the picture quality that counts, above ALL else.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The BBFC passed a new listing on their website today for The Exterminator (1980). It is being distributed by Arrow Films. Below is the new BBFC listing page:

The Exterminator - BBFC listing page

There's a release date on Arrow's website of Monday 7th October, and it appears to be Blu-ray only.

Also listed on Arrow's website in the Coming Soon column on their main page is Deadly Blessing (1981), with a release date of Monday 14th November. It appears to be DVD only.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
News posted on Arrow's website (about the August riots and fires):

It is most unfortunate that rioting has broken out in Enfield and the Sony DADC, Enfield distribution centre was looted and set on fire. Thankfully no staff were harmed in this atrocious attack on the plant but it does mean all Arrow stock, and the stock of many other distributors is now no more. We are working with Sony DADC and our partners to find a solution for getting stock back in stores very soon. What is with existing retailers is all that will be available for the moment and new releases such as Midnight and the forthcoming ArrowDrome titles will surely be affected. We thank you for your understanding through this difficult time and will update with news of the availability of Arrow stock as it is available.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A co-Entertainment One and Arrow DVD release, Aftermath (2004) is released on Monday 5th December. It stars Sofie Grabol, who is in the Danish drama series Forbrydelsen (aka The Killing). Below is front cover artwork (source: Play.com):

6b4e58b4_22121664_500x500_1.jpeg

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Diabolik has McBain in stock. The plot sounds interesting enough - It sounds like one of those one-man-army 80's action movies except that this was made in the 90's by Brits. Has anybody seen this and can vouch for it?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix news article about Arrow Video's Blu-ray release of Red Scorpion:

Red Scorpion (UK BD) in February - Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix news article

Arrow Video (Blu-ray) titles coming soon (source: Amazon UK):

Frankenhooker (1990) - Monday 2nd January, 2012
Red Scorpion (1988) - Monday 13th February, 2012

Some Arrowdrome (DVD) titles coming soon (source: Amazon UK):

The Bird with the Crystal Plummage (1970) - Monday 9th January, 2012
Cat O' Nine Tails (1971) - Monday 20th February, 2012
The Funhouse (1981) - Monday 30th January, 2012
Obsession (1976) - Monday 30th January, 2012.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I don't feel like waiting around for Synapse to release this - my money goes to the first one out of the gate (and the one with the best artwork) re: RED SCORPION. Arrow does great work. I got burned recently with Deadly Blessing. I didn't know it was region-coded but I guess it's my fault for not looking at the specs. I just assumed everything they do is region-free, since I've got a handful of their DVDs that my OPPO has no problem playing.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some Arrow titles coming soon (source: Arrow's website):

Arrow Video (source of release dates: Amazon UK):

The Deadly Spawn (1983) (DVD) - Monday 19th March
Who Dares Wins (1982) (Blu-ray) - Monday 30th July (previously released by Arrow Films as a DVD and Blu-ray edition)
The Wild Geese (1978) (Blu-ray) - Monday 30th July (previously released by Arrow Films on DVD).

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
elDomenechHTF said:
I don't feel like waiting around for Synapse to release this - my money goes to the first one out of the gate (and the one with the best artwork) re: RED SCORPION. Arrow does great work. I got burned recently with Deadly Blessing. I didn't know it was region-coded but I guess it's my fault for not looking at the specs. I just assumed everything they do is region-free, since I've got a handful of their DVDs that my OPPO has no problem playing.
Not sure of which Oppo you have, Luis, but it should be pretty damn easy to make that sucker region-free capable for DVD. :)
Look here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=oppo&hits=50&Search=Search

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It has previously been released on Region 2 in the UK by Jef Films (in 2007), but as Arrow released Slaughter High, would like to see them release Curtains (1983) on DVD and/or Blu-ray this year. Both Slaughter High and Curtains were distributed on VHS in the US by Vestron Video. Also distributed on the VHS in the US by Vestron Video, and which I'd also like to see released by Arrow, is Mortuary (1983), a film which seems to have been stuck in limbo for a while now.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A new Arrow title in the works is an Arrow Video DVD and Blu-ray release of the Christopher Walken film King of New York (1990). Has a UK release date of Monday 4th June (source: Arrow's website). Extras information (more to be added) is on Arrow's website pages for this title (a limited edition steelbook version is being released as well).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The release date of King of New York (1990) has been pushed back to Monday 25th June (source: Arrow Films' website and Amazon UK).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some new Arrow Video titles coming soon (source: Amazon UK):

Class of Nuke 'Em High (1986) - Monday 6th August (DVD and Blu-ray Dual Format Edition)
Combat Shock (1984) - Monday 6th August (DVD)
Surf Nazis Must Die (1987) - Monday 6th August (DVD).

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Also, Alan Jones let it slip on Twitter that he and Steven Thrower are set to record a commentary for an upcoming Arrow edition of Fulci's ZOMBIE 2.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I read somewhere (AV Maniacs, I think) that Troma was getting out of the Blu-ray business (not sure if it's just Blu-ray or home video altogether) because of financial problems but that they were going to license their library out to interested third parties. Now I know who that third party is :). I'm not a big fan of Troma's output - Class of Nuke Em High has "sentimental value" for me because it's one of the first films we rented when we got our first VCR player. Splatter University was OK - I have the Elite DVD, which is the only version I'll ever need. I understand Anchor Bay will release the long-awaited Mother's Day DVD/BD in September, which I will buy. Other than those titles, there's not much else I enjoy from them.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF /t/311052/arrow-films-arrow-video-dvd-distributors-of-classic-world-horror-and-cult-films-and-tv-series/30#post_3937125
I read somewhere (AV Maniacs, I think) that Troma was getting out of the Blu-ray business (not sure if it's just Blu-ray or home video altogether) because of financial problems but that they were going to license their library out to interested third parties. Now I know who that third party is . I'm not a big fan of Troma's output - Class of Nuke Em High has "sentimental value" for me because it's one of the first films we rented when we got our first VCR player. Splatter University was OK - I have the Elite DVD, which is the only version I'll ever need. I understand Anchor Bay will release the long-awaited Mother's Day DVD/BD in September, which I will buy. Other than those titles, there's not much else I enjoy from them.

Graduation Day (1981) is a title I'd like to see get a DVD/Blu-ray release by Arrow Video. Might consider getting Anchor Bay's release of Mother's Day (1980). Wasn't interested in seeing the remake with Rebecca De Mornay. The clips from the original in the Going to Pieces documentary got me interested in the film more, as I'd only read about the film previously.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The BBFC added a new listing to their website last Tuesday (24th July) for a new Arrow Films title, Der Commander (1988), starring Lewis Collins, Lee Van Cleef and Donald Pleasance. Some seconds have been cut though (due to cockfighting scenes).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks