What's new

Press Release Arrow Video Press Release: March 2023 Schedule (2 Viewers)

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Funny, I started to watch Robot Jox on Tubi recently, but gave up when the first mandatory ad break said there would be 8 ads in that break alone.

The movie looked like garbage, but I'm not sure how much even a "restoration" can do for a picture this cheap.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
That Waterworld 4K re-release is as pointless as they come. Only the Theatrical cut is getting a 4K release. If you're a fan of the film and have seen the 3 hour "Ulysses" Cut, there's NO going back to the truncated theatrical so who is this release for? I don't think there's such a thing as a "casual" Waterworld fan. Plus, there's already a 4K version of the Theatrical cut anyway. I really don't understand this.

As for the Empire set, if you already own the Shout Factory Blu-rays, there's really no point in buying this unless you're one of the 3 Arena superfans.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
If you're a fan of the film and have seen the 3 hour "Ulysses" Cut, there's NO going back to the truncated theatrical
Oh, really? I haven't seen this cut.
I generally avoid seeing other than the theatrical cut of films, even if I have them on blu-ray.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That Waterworld 4K re-release is as pointless as they come. Only the Theatrical cut is getting a 4K release. If you're a fan of the film and have seen the 3 hour "Ulysses" Cut, there's NO going back to the truncated theatrical so who is this release for? I don't think there's such a thing as a "casual" Waterworld fan. Plus, there's already a 4K version of the Theatrical cut anyway. I really don't understand this.

As for the Empire set, if you already own the Shout Factory Blu-rays, there's really no point in buying this unless you're one of the 3 Arena superfans.
brought to you by the same people that put together the 8 version box set of Bladerunner!!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Ah - finally I don't feel that I have to upgrade yet another Arrow Special Edition blu-ray to 4K UHD! If they had somehow scanned the "Ulysses" cut for 4K UHD, then I would feel differently. And now we must be getting to the end of Arrow's 4K masters, which initially were only released in 1080p.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ah - finally I don't feel that I have to upgrade yet another Arrow Special Edition blu-ray to 4K UHD! If they had somehow scanned the "Ulysses" cut for 4K UHD, then I would feel differently. And now we must be getting to the end of Arrow's 4K masters, which initially were only released in 1080p.
I'm with you, if they had the extended version in 4K/UHD then I would've bought it.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Screenshot_20230401_123456_Twitter.jpg

Anyone know what this could be about?
Well, one of them has a 666 in The Omen font, so could be The Omen. Another one has the Porky's font.

Screenshot_20230401_123456_Twitter.jpg

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Plus, there's already a 4K version of the Theatrical cut anyway. I really don't understand this.
I have the 1080p limited edition and completely forgot about the Universal 4k release. I'm going to pass as well.

And now we must be getting to the end of Arrow's 4K masters, which initially were only released in 1080p.
For the Universal 1080p titles in my collection with Waterworld, Mallrats & The Last Starfighter coming to 4k that leaves Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, The Andromeda Strain and Gosford Park. Also Legend(theatrical cut) while scanned in 4k the restoration was done in 2k but I think that was how An American Werewolf In London was done for Arrow's 1080p release then it was redone for the 4k.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
hellraiser-quartet.jpg

torment.jpg

hell-1.jpg

Freshly announced this morning, Arrow Video is bringing the Hellraiser franchise to 4K Ultra HD with a brand new Hellraiser: Quartet of Torment Limited Edition 4K UHD set.

The upcoming set features the following Hellraiser movies:

• Hellraiser (1987)
  • Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988)
  • Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992)
  • Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996)
The most exciting aspect of this release? Arrow’s Hellraiser: Quartet of Torment set features the newly uncovered Workprint Version of fourth installment Hellraiser: Bloodline!

The set features…

• Brand new 4k restorations of all four films from the original camera negatives by Arrow Films
  • Ultra High Definition (2160p) presentations of all four films in Dolby Vision (hdr10 compatible)
  • Original lossless stereo and Dts-hd Ma 5.1 surround audio for all four films
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Ages of Desire, an exclusive 200-page hardback book with new writing from Clive Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes
  • Limited edition layered packaging featuring brand new artwork
Disc 1: Hellraiser

• Brand new audio commentary featuring genre historian (and unit publicist of Hellraiser) Stephen Jones with author and film critic Kim Newman
  • Archival audio commentary with writer/director Clive Barker and actor Ashley Laurence, moderated by Peter Atkins
  • Archival audio commentary with writer/director Clive Barker
  • Power of Imagination – brand new 60-minute discussion about Hellraiser and the work of Clive Barker by film scholars Sorcha Ní Fhlainn (editor of Clive Barker: Dark Imaginer) and Karmel Kniprath
  • Unboxing Hellraiser – brand new visual essay celebrating the Lament Configuration by genre author Alexandra Benedict (The Beauty of Murder)
  • The Pursuit of Possibilities – brand new 60-minute discussion between acclaimed horror authors Paula D. Ashe (We Are Here To Hurt Each Other) and Eric LaRocca (Everything the Dark Eats) celebrating the queerness of Hellraiser and the importance of Clive Barker as a queer writer
  • Flesh is a Trap – brand new visual essay exploring body horror and transcendence in the work of Clive Barker by genre author Guy Adams (The World House)
  • Newly uncovered extended Epk interviews with Clive Barker and stars Andrew Robinson, Clare Higgins, Ashley Laurence, and effects artist Bob Keen, shot during the making of Hellraiser, with a new introduction by Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
  • Original 1987 Electronic Press Kit
  • Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellraiser – archival interview with the actor
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser – archival interview with the iconic actor about his first appearance as ‘Pinhead’
  • Soundtrack Hell: The Story of the Abandoned Coil Score – archival interview with Coil member Stephen Thrower
  • Trailers and Tv spots
  • Image gallery
  • Draft screenplays
Disc 2: Hellbound: Hellraiser II

• Brand new audio commentary featuring Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
  • Archival audio commentary with director Tony Randel, writer Peter Atkins and actor Ashley Laurence
  • Audio commentary with director Tony Randel and writer Peter Atkins
  • Hell Was What They Wanted! – brand new 80-minute appreciation of Hellbound, the Hellraiser mythos and the work of Clive Barker by horror authors George Daniel Lea (Born in Blood) and Kit Power (The Finite)
  • That Rat-Slice Sound – brand new appreciation of composer Christopher Young’s scores for Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser Ii by Guy Adams
  • Archival on-set interview with Clive Barker
  • Archival on-set interview with cast and crew
  • Behind the scenes footage
  • Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellbound – archival interview about the actor’s return to the role of Frank Cotton
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellbound – archival interview with the iconic actor about his second appearance as ‘Pinhead’
  • Lost in the Labyrinth – archival featurette featuring interviews with Barker, Randel, Keen, Atkins and others
  • Trailers and Tv spots
  • Image gallery
Disc 3: Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth

• Alternative Unrated version (contains standard definition inserts)
  • Brand new audio commentary featuring Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
  • Archival audio commentary with screenwriter Peter Atkins (Theatrical Cut only)
  • Archival audio commentary with director Anthony Hickox and actor Doug Bradley (Unrated Version only)
  • Previously unseen extended Epk featuring interviews with Clive Barker and Doug Bradley
  • Fx dailies
  • Time with Terri – archival interview with actor Paula Marshall
  • Raising Hell on Earth – archival interview with director Anthony Hickox
  • Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser Iii – archival interview with the iconic actor about his third appearance as ‘Pinhead’
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery

Disc 4: Hellraiser: Bloodline

• Brand new audio commentary featuring screenwriter Peter Atkins, with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
  • The Beauty of Suffering – brand new featurette exploring the Cenobites’ connection to goth, fetish cultures and Bdsm
  • Newly uncovered workprint version of the film, providing a fascinating insight into how it changed during post production
  • Hellraiser Evolutions – archival documentary on the evolution of the franchise and its enduring legacy, featuring interviews with Scott Derrickson (director, Hellraiser: Inferno), Rick Bota (director, Hellraiser: Hellseeker, Deader and Hellworld), Stuart Gordon (director, Re-Animator, From Beyond) and others
  • Books of Blood and Beyond: The Literary Works of Clive Barker – archival appreciation by horror author David Gatwalk of Barker’s written work, from The Books of Blood to The Scarlet Gospels
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery
  • Easter egg
Releasing October 23, you can pre-order the Limited Edition 4K or the Arrow Exclusive Limited Edition 4K set now. This is a UK release, but 4K discs are inherently Region Free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks