What's new

Press Release Celluloid Dreams Embraces Physical Media With Restored Genre Film Classics (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CELLULOID DREAMS
EMBRACES PHYSICAL MEDIA
WITH RESTORED GENRE FILM CLASSICS

Boutique startup to release specially curated and restored
genre cult classics to Blu-ray and 4K UHD

San Clemente, Calif., November 6, 2023
— Celluloid Dreams (www.celluloid-dreams.net) today announces the formation of its new home video label, dedicated to bringing underserved movies to home video in North America. With an unwavering commitment to physical media, such as Blu-ray Disc and 4K UHD, Celluloid Dreams’ mission is to deliver highest quality versions of their favorite genre cinema classics, many of which are unavailable on streaming platforms or even past home video formats.

Over the past few months, the team at Celluloid Dreams has been curating and hand-picking movies from around the world, to allow viewers to experience these films anew in the best possible quality. Titles selected by Celluloid Dreams will receive brand new ultra-high definition transfers and digital restorations to ensure they not only match today’s exacting home video standards, but to help rescue them from potential deterioration and obscurity for future generations of film lovers across the globe.

In addition to restored feature presentations, Celluloid Dreams is also committed to providing in-depth bonus features for all of its releases. Working closely with filmmakers and cast members, the releases will assemble existing extras as well as complement them with newly-created materials, all devoted to fulfilling the company’s goal of creating a definitive, comprehensive package for each release, presenting the feature with state-of-the-art technology, but also charting the history of the film itself—the production, the people behind it, its impact and its relevance.

“Our goal is entirely quality-focused and we hand-pick each movie—films that we love ourselves—and we will make every effort to fully restore each of these films to polish them to their original glory, always with an eye on the original theatrical presentation as the guidepost,” said Celluloid Dreams CEO and film preservationist, Lucas Henkel.

With major studios and retailers continually pulling back in the release and distribution of physical media, smaller and obscure films are often casualties, fading into unavailability or out-of-print status. Celluloid Dreams wholeheartedly supports physical media with multi-disc combo releases, containing standard Blu-ray and 4K UHD versions in a single package.

“We are very selective with our films, and our release schedule will be determined solely by the time it takes to polish and craft each release,” Henkel added. “Look for our releases starting in early 2024!”

For more information, visit the Celluloid Dreams website at https://www.celluloid-dreams.net

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It will be interesting to see what titles they are handpicking. All for it, and I can give them a list as I am sure everybody else around here can.

I am looking forward to what they unveil.

I would abstain from any lists before we know what studio libraries they have access to.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Hmm ..... based on that title, I suspect like Severin or Vinegar Syndrome, they will be a genre based boutique. Those hoping for Jane Powell musicals or Disney opening the vaults of their Fox holdings will be disappointed. ;)
That goes with the territory! I admire the quality of Arrow discs but most of their output is not to my taste. I'm just grateful that Warner Archive, Kino-Lorber, ClassicFlix and Indicator release so much that I like.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I am looking forward to what they unveil.

I would abstain from any lists before we know what studio libraries they have access to.

Yes, I wonder what they have access to as well. I am not posting any lists as they seem not to be appreciated in most cases. I was sort of joking about that.

The Case of the Bloody Iris (1972)

Well, I do like Giallo and this is a good one so I will pick it up. Now I have to wonder if they will mostly be doing Euro cult pictures. The first clue in this mystery is panettone.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
What Great News!!! For all of us searching for phyiscal media to add to our collections, this news couldn't be much better!! Another Botique lable, willing to take on the good fight and representing options...very nice!!!

Last edited:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Always glad to see new companies springing up, especially in this era of declining support for physical media. Gonna hold off on my excitement for now, though. I enjoy gialli but this could just be a hook to get people to notice them. UK label Indicator started out offering stuff like Happy Birthday To Me and Ghosts of Mars but were ultimately only interested in Golden Age Columbia noirs and obscure British dramas for the most part. We'll see. I like the part where they're serious about quality so there's that.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Sadly I abhor these blood and guts horror flicks that seem so pervasive these days. Wish they'd do a forgotten classic or something really unusual, and there are countless prospects, but I'm certainly in the extreme minority. Maybe they will offer surprises down the line however.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Sadly I abhor these blood and guts horror flicks that seem so pervasive these days. Wish they'd do a forgotten classic or something really unusual, and there are countless prospects, but I'm certainly in the extreme minority. Maybe they will offer surprises down the line however.
You're not in an extreme minority, possibly not in a minority at all. I too have no interest in "blood and guts horror flicks."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks