What's new

Anyone happen to know the "Digital Audio" brand??? (2 Viewers)

Tuan Le

Agent
Hi,

Have any of you heard of a speaker brand called, "Digital Audio"? Is it any good? Do you happen to have the manufacture's website?

Thanks. I appreciate your help. :)

Tuan Le

Agent
It didn't mention anything about the "Digital Audio" brand???? So are these "Digital Audio" speakers are the same as the crappy one being sold by those vans?

Thanks

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
That would be the ones. In fact they floating around my home town (or at least was). A friend of mine was stopped by them in our parking lot at work last week & got into an arguement with them. I would have loved to been there to tell them off too.
STAY AWAY FROM THERE SCAMS!!!!!

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah - Dogg Digital Audio is also one and the same.

But I mean, anyone in these forums would most likely not fall for the white van scam - well... unless it was like $5 per floorstander or something... ;)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
"Wow, gotta admit though...they do have a very professional looking (and sounding) site!"

That is part of their scam. If you read the "white van" stories they carry all kinds of nicely done "reviews" and invoices to show people.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Actually, if you don't expect too much, and really talk 'em down on the price... I've got a pair of Acoustic Response 707 white van speakers that I' got from a buddy... He plays hard, so they're essentially boxes right now, but they _did_ have a 3-way 2nd order crossover in 'em (looked like they used decent components for it too!), and I'm probably just gonna stick some inexpensive pro-sound drivers in 'em, since they're for a friend's pontoon boat.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
This wouldn't by any chance be the Tuan Le from over on the
Corvetteforum.com would it? Just curious and if it is *waves* :)

Digital Audio
Dogg Digital
Acoustic
Audiofile
Denmark
Ephipany
Paradyme
etc etc..

All White Van Scam speakers... Avoid like the plaque...

NicholasL

Second Unit
www.doggdigitalaudio.com prepared to be impressed... (their prices are ludicrous!)

BTW Brent and Tuan, you two might be interested to know that in a under the Receivers/Seperates/Amps section in www.avsforum.com there is a thread talking about how seperates are falling behind receivers. It's gotten to be a pretty heated debate, and SOMEHOW it has turned into a debate about the Z06 Corvette vs. exotic European sports cars.

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Living in Las Vegas, which seems to be Ground Zero for scams of all kinds, I see these guys all the time. The last "salesman" that approached me said that "they were an extra set mistakenly ordered for Mike Tyson's house"!

BTW, why do all the vans have to white ???

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Nicholas,

I don't have to prove my Corvette's worth or the Z06's
worth.. The pure numbers speak for themselves. ;)

Tuan,

Wow you are like the fourth Corvette guy I have seen over
here.. Of course I don't go by my real name over on the
Vette Forum (Dunno why but I always used my Car Monikers)
I am LS1-Corvette00 over there.. The obnoxious, opinionated
guy with a yellow vette (that describes a few of us LOL).

Glad to see ya here.. And you have done a great job as a
supporting vendor over "there"... Keep up the great work! :emoji_thumbsup:

RichardHOS

Second Unit
I had briefly glanced at Dogg Digital's website before, but for some reason decided to look at it again tonight.

Jesus... what a riot. After clicking on just one or two of their models, I gave up. Interesting things I noticed at a glance:

- They describe the model 1000SL-7.1 as having a "carbon glass fiber" cone woofer. Interesting. Carbon fiber is a common composite cloth, as is glass fiber, but a carbon/glass weave is rather rare and I'm sure that isn't what they are using. Besides... a quick look at the driver suggests, by the color, that it is Kevlar fiber like many other drivers, which is neither carbon or glass. :D

- I found the pricing on the DA-5.1 extremely interesting. Pasted from their site:
$1.999.00 each
Woofer Driver: 1 X 3.5" (8.9 CM) Aluminized Cone
Tweeter Driver: 1 X 1" (25 CM) Aluminized Dome
Frequency Response: 80-20 kHz Crossover Point: 7 kHz
Efficiency: 88 dB
Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
Nice. Two grand for a 3.5" and 1" driver, with a combined impedance somewhere between 4 and 8 ohms? :D Maybe they mean the whole 5.1 system, but then the above gives no indication of a woofer anywhere in there. LOL!

NicholasL

Second Unit
Good eye Richard! They don't even know what the impedance is! Not to mention for that price PER SPEAKER, I would expect they can hit a little lower than 80hz! Who do they think they are? THX certified speakers?! :)

Don't you think they could have come up with a name slightly more appetizing than DOGg digital?

EdNichols

Second Unit
Did you also notice in their web site that they have a very generous (LOL) 15 day return policy BUT if you return them there is a $300 handling fee!!

Also in the fine print under the pricing they state that the MSRP does not represent the bonafide selling price in the metro trading area. In other words when sold out of a white van!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks