What's new

Anyone happen to know the "Digital Audio" brand??? (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Hahaha! Boy, today was sweet.

I was about to walk into Giant (supermarket) and a couple of twenty-somethin year olds roll up in an SUV and say, "Hey dude, wanna buy some speakers?" I just started laughing because my friend got had by these people (I posted about it awhile back) and I was like, "You guys are the white [car] scam people aren't ya? Yeah, you got my friend.." and then I chuckled and I said I know all too well about Home Theater and such and that I work for a home theater site (false) and as well as at a country club [golf area] and they said screw all that and come "hustle" (as they repeatedly said instead of scamming) with them. So they gave me a number and said who they were, etc. They also showed me a WAAAADDDD of hundreds claimed from idiotic suckers.

-Bert

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Jai,

Looks like typical "junk" variety car audio stuff to me..
never heard of Digital Audio car audio. Sure I may be off
my rocket here, but a chrome basket doesn't mean it's a
world class driver.

Besides Tuan was asking about home audio speakers and the
Digital Audio brand is a White Van Scam.

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
I've read that "$1,999" pricing is in Singapore dollars, and equates to about $200 in U.S. dollars.

If you look at reviews of products in Singapore audio mags (I have the KEF Q-15s and found through Google when researching them) their listed prices are very high.

Exchange rate and all that.

Jai

Agent
Brett, the guy said "Digital Audio brand". No one else metioned DA's site. Yes they make basic steel chrome basket speaks, but they also build some really good subs. If you would look a little closer you would see some cast basket drivers such as a 10" with 3" voice coil 2" foam surround, bolt tight structure with 3 inches of travel. Put one of those babies in one of your AR cabinets and it would probably be destroyed. Audiobahn is the owner of D.A. Who would buy that crap from those losers in the vans anyway....thats the oldest trick in the book. Seems like back in the day those guys were always trying to move that AR stuff. :)

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Darren, at current exchange rates SGD2K = USD$1,141

Jai - they are (still,very recently in singapore) trying to move "Research Acoustic" speakers, most of the white van scams revolve around names that are close/similar to established names (Linear Phase etc)b

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
My friend got scammed by the white van guys. He got a pair of "Digital Pro Audio" brand speakers and they sounded kinda of muddy to me. He isn't too happy now that he realizes it was a scam.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Jai,

I don't think an Audiobahn 10 would "Destroy" my cabinents
but it doesn't matter anyway I run an external DIY Sub with
a REAL 23mm One Way Linear Excursion (no fudged numbers
just all real DUMAX measured specs).

But anyways... Like I said above there is a Digital Audio
White Van Scam Speaker just go look on eBay under home
audio and you will find Digital Audio Pro junk.

Jai

Agent
Ok...Ok. There are guys all over that simply change their "speak badges" and will do anything to push some junk. Most folks get burned once by this and it changes their thinking totally......others still go through life falling for this crap wondering why..why...why...me? Anyhow......There is a Digital Audio company and they do make pretty good stuff. Sorry Brett, I dont know what all that is you said about your sub but I hope your AR cabinets are a full 1" thick mdf and just glue wont cut it so shoot some screws in those boys before you slip in those D.A. woofer's.;)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
What I am saying in plain old English is that those DA
Subs (nor AudioBahn subs) will compete with the 12's that
I use in my home audio rig :)

My DIY Sub weighs in at over 80 pounds for a single 12 and
before I put my Oak Feet on with Billet Aluminum Carpet
Spikes, with a 20Hz Test Tone and gain 1/2 Way the sub
walked more than 4' across my living room floor.

I run an AV-12 (Stryke Audio) and it's serious... :)

But yes I do agree these scam companies just change thier
names to suit the times.. I am suprised they never came up
with a name like "Bowes" Ohhh I head Bowes makes high end
speakers!!! :)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
just glue wont cut it so shoot some screws in those boys
Sorry, but this shows a lack of knowledge in woodworking. A properly glued joint will be MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH stronger than using screws. Anyone building a cabinet that has clamps and glue will just be wasting their time using unnecessary screws.

Jai

Agent
Dan, thanks for informing me of my ill knowledge of cabinet building. I guess its good thing I gave that up in high school. The joke was on the AR cabinets which cant be more than 1/2" mdf....but anyway. This link started out about a company called Digital Audio referring to (home audio). I made the mistake of showing the guys in the link to the real DA company that is a subsidary of Audiobahn but they build (auto audio). I also stated that they make some good stuff. Here is what Brett told me, " Sure I may be off
my rocket here, but a chrome basket doesn't mean it's a
world class driver". Well I tell you what Brett, You buy me two of DA's 12" drivers (the ones I choose) and I will give you the two custom TC sound subs out of my PB2+. We got a deal? Heck, I will give this offer to Dan as well....Man it seems like everything becomes a pissing match these days. Just remember boys.....you just can't polish a turd
;)

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
What it's about is drivers that are worth their cost
Checking out one of the authorized Digital Audio online dealers most of the prices on the 10" and 12" drivers are less then $100. So they probably are worth their cost.
Of course like most car audio manufacturers they have no important specs on their site, so there is no way to tell how they will perform. Event the so called high excursion woofers don't even list excursion.

Jai, I would stop throwing around the name AudioBahn. They are probably the the biggest offenders when it comes to gimmicky designed, over priced, car audio speakers and it won't get you any respect here. You are talking to people that know 1000 Watts and a hugh 2" surround does not mean dikc.

Do you have the T/S parameters for the 12" you want to choose?

Scott_ATL

Grip
Yeah...my Dad fell for the scam. He called me on my cell phone one day, and I missed the call. He left a message about some speakers worth "X" amount of dollars that this guy was going to let him have for cheap, yadda-yadda-yadda....typical van-scam crap. As soon as I listened to the message, I immediately called him to say "Noooooooooooooooooo! Don't do it." But i got HIS voicemail, and by the time he called me back it was too late...he had already bought them. Gave the guy $100.00 he said. It was the "surround sound" set or whatever...5 small speakers and a "sub". I say "sub" because it's not powered.

Anyway, he ended up giving them to me, but I didn't have a surround receiver at the time, so I got a Technics SA-DX950 or what-not (I needed to get a surround receiver anyway, whether it was for these speakers or others, so I was like "what the hell"). So, I hooked them all up, and I think the first thing that I was surprised at was that they worked...heh. I admit...they're not great...maybe not even good. They didn't sound "muddy" as someone previously posted, but the bass isn't overly defined either. I put it in my Den and figured that since I have roommates who might use it, I wouldn't want to spend too much on speakers in there anyway. I added that Sony 50 Watt sub, and it works for what it is.

I'm not in any way endorsing this crap. Bottom line is that it's a scam, but if you can get 'em for $100.00, it might not be bad for a college student or something.

Jai

Agent
Ok Brian, watt for watt a comparable Audiobahn will beat your Tumult just on SPL numbers alone. Will it hit lower? Who know's. I dont know who builds Tumult's speaks but they look like pretty well built.
Lee, Im not throwing the name around and I am not looking to receive respect. If you spend 100 on a driver that is what you get....100$ sound. The 10" that they offer can be had for around $250, the 12" is closely priced. Once you get into the upper quality the size makes little difference in price. Look guys I did not say this was the BEST stuff out there but its hard to beat for the price. Also you might be shocked to find out the majority of speaks out there are not built by their manufacture. Its kind of like tires and batteries...lots of makes but few who build.

Dan, It was a joke.I was razzing Brett. I dont know how thick Bretts cabinets are so stop worrying yourself over it. Talking about high dollar auto subs have you priced the TC built Ultra's that they supply to SVS? I think they are over $500 each. To be honest I didnt even give much thought to his sub when I read it had a TC built driver. Now don't get me wrong guys TC builds some excellent drivers but they too have to cut some corners to make the speaks marketable. Dan.....are you planning on giving SVS some competition?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks