What's new

Any word on Knot's Landing season 2? (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Good news, bad news?
The good news is that Amazon has suddenly reduced the price of Knot's Season 1 to only $11.99 !!! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance
The bad news is--does this mean they're already giving up on Knot's season two? Are they pulling an "Everwood" on us--dumping the unsold discs from their warehouse to reduce inventory? Or are they reducing the price in order to get people to try it out? I hope it's the latter, but...

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Adding to the fake movie rumours from older TV shows pile is also I Dream of Jeannie, and Sabrina-the Teenage Witch. I Dream of Jeannie was going to have Jessica Alba in it I recall, and Sabrina was going to make another movie, with Jessica Simpsons rumoured to be the title character. Not sure if it'd work without Melissa Joan Hart though.

Sorry this has nothing to do with Knots Landing! More on topic, I bet that they made the DVDs to promote Nicollette Sherridan's role on DH.

-James

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
i think they should have released s1/s2 together also, the show really didn't gel 'till abby showed up and was really good when lisa hartman came on the scene (twice!):)

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
If it's any encouragement, season one of Knots is being released in the UK on 19th February. Now Warner wouldn't bother releasing it in other regions if it wasn't a seller.

I believe that we had to wait a year after the first Dallas release for any more seasons.

So I do think we'll hear something about season 2 early next year.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Your not kidding. My wife keeps asking me when the next season(s) are coming out.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
These studios never know what to do. They never seem to realize that tv on dvd fans want ALL the seasons, not just one. If they ever had a PLAN, then they'd sell more dvds. If there was an insert in Knots 1 that said, "coming soon--Season Two!" then consumer confidence would have doubled, and they'd have sold more discs. That's what I think. But they just seem to want to rely on those first season sets as a sales barometer for the entire series. That's strange marketing. Any junior college sales or marketing student knows the value of consumer confidence--you don't start a series without assuring the customer that more is to come. It's basic marketing logic, and yet it seems lost on these overpaid studio dvd packagers. Whatever. My $40 or $50 for Knots 2 is still sitting in a can on my shelf; if they want that money, they know how to get it. Or maybe they just don't!

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Season one is being released in Australia in June, so Warners haven't given up on it.

But... what are they doing with this show? Surely they can't be content to just leave the rest of it in the vault.

I'd happily buy the rest of the series, just for Donna Mills as Abby, and then after her, Kathleen Noone as Claudia.

Ethan's quite right about the "illogic" of these marketing people, but fingers crossed for an announcement of season 2 soon... maybe at the forthcoming chat??

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ethan Riley said:
14 seasons?? That's a lot of dvds, my friends. Actually, I think Dallas had more total episodes. Dallas had 357 episodes, while Knots (only) had 344. Actually, Knots should have done the first two seasons in the first release, because both seasons were short and that's only 31 episodes, therefore doable in a single boxed set. Ah, well.
14 seasons maybe but it stopped being good after about season 10.
The highlights were the seasons with Lisa Hartman and Alec Baldwin.
Nicolette Sheridan was always good and given much better material than she is on Desperate Housewives and you can't forget how good Donna Mills was. She rocked.
It sure would be nice to get more extras on this season.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Received the following e-mail from Warner UK:

"I cannot confirm the release date for Dallas Season 7* but it should be later in the year, same applies for Knots Landing. We will take your request for Falcon Crest into consideration.

Kind Regards,

Customer Enquiries UK

Warner Home Video"

* July 31st in the US, September 17th in the UK.

But it looks like we may very well be seeing season 2 later in 2007. Fingers crossed!

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino
Has Warner given ANY update on when future seasons for this show will be coming out? Jeez, if they're worried about sales, the seasons with Alec Baldwin, Nicollette Sheridan and Donna Mills will sell like hot cakes.

The only way to GET to those seasons is to release the seasons BEFORE them.

Maybe Warner should start doubling up seasons of this show, like release 2-3 together in one set because charging 40.00 bucks for a season featuring only 15 episodes is a rip off when a show like Dallas sells for the same price but gives 3x as many episodes.

C'mon Warner, what's the hold up?

Real Name
Seth Thrasher
Of course, they also have identical pages up for Night Court S2 and Murphy Brown S2, and it's pretty much a given we're not seeing those any time soon, I think.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
Seth Thrasher said:
Of course, they also have identical pages up for Night Court S2 and Murphy Brown S2, and it's pretty much a given we're not seeing those any time soon, I think.
Except you're forgetting the most important thing here : both Murphy Brown and Night Court bombed on DVD, while Knots Landing's first season sold very well, getting a spot in the top 10 ranking of DVD sales for its release week.

Real Name
Seth Thrasher
Actually, I seem to be the one remembering the important thing here - if two shows we KNOW aren't coming back to DVD have these pages, that means that KL having one of these pages means NOTHING.

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,
Which one of you are going to attend at the chat with Warners on Monday the 7th May?? I hope so much that someone can ask them about if we will see Falcon Crest anytime soon and more of Knots and a release of the TV Mini series Lace & Lace 2 from 1984-85

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
No current plans for more Knots according to Warners at the chat, but they did say it would continue to be "under consideration". Disappointing.

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Ben King said:
according to Warners at the chat, but they did say it would continue to be "under consideration". Disappointing.
They also said it about 5 times. I'm guessing people who join the chat late can't see the previous questions....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks