What's new

Any word on Knot's Landing season 2? (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm talking about how they went for a completely different filmed look in the 83-84 season. They used a lot of extreme close-ups. Somebody was talking about that technique in another thread...well, whatever they were doing irritated me when i saw the dvd!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Don't remember a great deal about Knots' third season after Don Murray left. Watched one or two episodes from the remainder of the season, and remember Stephen Macht appearing in a few episodes (he played Joe Cooper).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Here is my response from WB, which appears to be scripted and adds little value to what is going on at WB. It appears that WB is keeping things close to their chest when it comes to classic shows
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your interest in Warner Bros!
Sorry, we do not have any published information regarding an upcoming release for this DVD at the moment. Most new movies and television shows are released onto DVD within a few months. For classic movies and TV shows, Warner Bros is releasing more and more of its vast catalog of film and television series each year, but we are not able to provide information on release plans for a specific title.
You may want to share your comments directly with Warner Bros Ent. and other WB fans, on the new Warner Bros Archive Facebook site. You can follow Warner Bros Archives on facebook at this link:
http://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive?sk=wall
Regards,
Rainell
www.WBshop.com
1-866-373-4389
Monday-Friday 8:00 am 8:00 pm EST
Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
This is the response from my facebook post on WB Archive: http://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive/posts/10151014640221563

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
That is good news from WARNER ARCHIVES however I hate it that the show would continue as a MOD show. It really deserves pressed disc releases even if just htru online retailers.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Really good news indeed. Seems like some progress with Warner Brothers (their reply sounds like Warner Brothers, and not the Warner Archive) looking into how much music there is in the "subsequent seasons" of Knots.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
You have to wonder if it has to do with Lisa Hartman's role as Ciji and her singing at the restaurant being the issue. Music was only used briefly in S1/S2 with Kenny Ward, but is more prevalent in S3 and on.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Had to edit my last post as two words were together instead of separate (should read as "(their reply sounds like Warner Brothers, and not the Warner Archive) looking into how much music").

The music clearance problems from the early to mid seasons are likely the songs Lisa Hartman sings in a few episodes (she debuted on Knots early on in the fourth season), then there could be background music tracks (both instrumental and sung). Hoping that "subsequent seasons" could be (I hope) as far as the mid-series point.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There's something in the back of my mind telling me there was a behind the scenes special of Knots Landing from the early seasons, shown around the time the episode "Block Party" was originally shown on CBS. Were there two behind the scenes Knots Landing specials, not including the reunion special from a few years ago?

Knots Landing has it's fans, and this is the same with other TV shows, not everyone likes the same TV shows. If you ask about the status on further seasons being released on DVD (it's worth checking past questions on the Warner Archive's Facebook page) it's a good idea to ask about the status of a show possibly being unstalled on DVD, unless the question has been answered recently or very recently. Hopefully, if the music costs aren't too high, we'll see the third season of Knots released in the not too distant future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks