What's new

Pre-Order The Abbot and Costello Show Season 2 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I just got done checking out the bonus material on A&C Season 2.
Incredible stuff! Original commercials featuring Bud And Lou advertising Jiffy Pop, and Campbell’s soup, a joining of the scene that was cut from season 1, and my favorite-the story of the theme song from season2 including a different version, plus 2 commentaries including one by A&C expert Ron Palumbo.
Every Abbott And Costello fan should check this out!

Last edited:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Have you picked up your copy of The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 2 yet?

Restored from the original negatives, the show has NEVER looked this good!

Below is a clip we just posted which gives you a sample of what you can expect.

For additional information on this special release, check out an article over at The Abbott and Costello Fan Club which includes many details regarding Season 2 and about the set.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Have you picked up your copy of The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 2 yet?

Restored from the original negatives, the show has NEVER looked this good!

Below is a clip we just posted which gives you a sample of what you can expect.

For additional information on this special release, check out an article over at The Abbott and Costello Fan Club which includes many details regarding Season 2 and about the set.

- David

Watched “The Killer’s Wife” today. So enjoyable in this great quality!
These episodes appear in the discs in the order they were filmed. Back in 1953 they were syndicated, and stations could run them in any order they chose. So, there’s no definitive running order and watching them in filmed order allows you watch the second season as it evolved.

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Watched “The Killer’s Wife” today. So enjoyable in this great quality!
These episodes appear in the discs in the order they were filmed. Back in 1953 they were syndicated, and stations could run them in any order they chose. So, there’s no definitive running order and watching them in filmed order allows you watch the second season as it evolved.
Outstanding! Can't wait to look at these as soon as I get my copy in the mail.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Do you gentlemen own exclusive rights to both seasons of The Abbott and Costello Show, and if so, will you have these removed from Archive and YouTube?
We only have licensed physical (BD, DVD) rights to A & C. We've had hundreds of episodes removed from youtube at the request of the estate. More will be removed in the future, but there are a lot to go through and it's time consuming.

- David

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Unless I'm missing something, there seems to be a dilemma getting THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW: Season 2 Blu-ray set in Canada at anything resembling a reasonable price.

While I do remember getting the A&CS Season 1 Blu-ray set from Blowitiutofhere via eBay.ca, they appear to be currently only offering the DVD version of Season 2, and at approximately what I paid (Around $45 Canadian, INCLUDING shipping!) for the A&CS Season 1 Blu-ray set I ordered from them a couple years ago!: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/196217437102?itmmeta=01HPPJG8BRFTGQRBAS221DGQY4&hash=item2daf787bae:g:m38AAOSwRT5luJCc&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA8MRrL0YevnAA5MT01YvlDBfGbyjOMLED0Uy/WKk/EASghRl4xKs1eugteZSLP0qIOMN+ZGz1mm28R4MCGaWhgDuv14RClDBSh8xCJDdHdUefJ8L3E7p55kAccRitD08s3f59vK9ETGmbQolMXYaM1pG9O4FUkvqBZ4I23X8rURqs88wNDeJiHlJcE0KgF6oTmTCsOq17PeIGnh/nttQFLS8d82nLqSPjK6TklzsPqXaVJ0SsASbrO1CXYpZuNGB6WOrEtqkPPsom0AIt5ykZ/3qDiBLEdKuWs9UFHmhPqbo+Qh3iNRjLqZeG5sUgSEhGog==|tkp:BFBM_oXB0rVj

Apparently, you're selling the Blu-ray version of this set via eBay (?), BUT the $27+ Canadian for shipping puts the total cost at around $75 Canadian, which is WAY above my price point!!: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/116044561395?itmmeta=01HPPJG8BR4Y4RFA384KD09FWC&hash=item1b04cb7bf3:g:hPEAAOSwKC9lqvym&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA0LMLOvpyw+jZfoLV/CnvRj3a7+n5GrKrXTwZ4TXnw/ZiK2J9iSnJ5dAAr6emzSwCzRz4fRI6PgvQfPWrOed0GP3O2OoQTKVDf5zslunien6yJluSp/Q5d8tJiuaPK6uv5d8RrKcv2k0gFGL3dxa89vhn7/ZPfcl+JBU3KWejDKDyVFOQpbuoT6pxZ3x8vMNclUYGs0nQuVPUbjDyjyYy0BHaaOMABBODb+bPaLqMt0tubcW0pBorNIBRCDoTQmXBO0blV2hdd7pZW5aP/jj/x+8=|tkp:Bk9SR_6FwdK1Yw

If I can't get better pricing for the above, I'll have to forego getting A&CS Season 2 to complete my set, though I was really looking forward to doing so! Amazon. ca currently has neither, and wowhd is currently only offering the DVD version!! :( : https://www.wowhd.co.uk/the-abbott-and-costello-show-season-2/850049732130

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Unless I'm missing something, there seems to be a dilemma getting THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW: Season 2 Blu-ray set in Canada at anything resembling a reasonable price.

While I do remember getting the A&CS Season 1 Blu-ray set from Blowitiutofhere via eBay.ca, they appear to be currently only offering the DVD version of Season 2, and at approximately what I paid (Around $45 Canadian, INCLUDING shipping!) for the A&CS Season 1 Blu-ray set I ordered from them a couple years ago!: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/196217437102?itmmeta=01HPPJG8BRFTGQRBAS221DGQY4&hash=item2daf787bae:g:m38AAOSwRT5luJCc&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA8MRrL0YevnAA5MT01YvlDBfGbyjOMLED0Uy/WKk/EASghRl4xKs1eugteZSLP0qIOMN+ZGz1mm28R4MCGaWhgDuv14RClDBSh8xCJDdHdUefJ8L3E7p55kAccRitD08s3f59vK9ETGmbQolMXYaM1pG9O4FUkvqBZ4I23X8rURqs88wNDeJiHlJcE0KgF6oTmTCsOq17PeIGnh/nttQFLS8d82nLqSPjK6TklzsPqXaVJ0SsASbrO1CXYpZuNGB6WOrEtqkPPsom0AIt5ykZ/3qDiBLEdKuWs9UFHmhPqbo+Qh3iNRjLqZeG5sUgSEhGog==|tkp:BFBM_oXB0rVj

Apparently, you're selling the Blu-ray version of this set via eBay (?), BUT the $27+ Canadian for shipping puts the total cost at around $75 Canadian, which is WAY above my price point!!: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/116044561395?itmmeta=01HPPJG8BR4Y4RFA384KD09FWC&hash=item1b04cb7bf3:g:hPEAAOSwKC9lqvym&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA0LMLOvpyw+jZfoLV/CnvRj3a7+n5GrKrXTwZ4TXnw/ZiK2J9iSnJ5dAAr6emzSwCzRz4fRI6PgvQfPWrOed0GP3O2OoQTKVDf5zslunien6yJluSp/Q5d8tJiuaPK6uv5d8RrKcv2k0gFGL3dxa89vhn7/ZPfcl+JBU3KWejDKDyVFOQpbuoT6pxZ3x8vMNclUYGs0nQuVPUbjDyjyYy0BHaaOMABBODb+bPaLqMt0tubcW0pBorNIBRCDoTQmXBO0blV2hdd7pZW5aP/jj/x+8=|tkp:Bk9SR_6FwdK1Yw

If I can't get better pricing for the above, I'll have to forego getting A&CS Season 2 to complete my set, though I was really looking forward to doing so! Amazon. ca currently has neither, and wowhd is currently only offering the DVD version!! :( : https://www.wowhd.co.uk/the-abbott-and-costello-show-season-2/850049732130
bezos.com has plenty of stock so hopefully they'll shift some units over to their .ca site soon...

- David

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Much as it sucks for me and other Canucks at the moment, the sold out part is a good thing!

CHEERS! :)
Availability is also off and on! Good thing I took a screenshot!! This was taken January 23rd:
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 10-28-40 The Abbott And Costello Show Season 2 on WOW HD.png

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Availability is also off and on! Good thing I took a screenshot!! This was taken January 23rd:
View attachment 213190
More than a month later, still only the DVD option remains for this and other Canadian vendors! :(

Might some Blu-ray disc replication issue be the cause of the Abbott & Costello Season 2 Blu-ray sets not being available to Canadian vendors?
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 21-29-32 The Abbott And Costello Show Season 2 3 Pack on WOW HD.png

UPDATE: I just contacted wowhd Canada by phone and it was sadly confirmed by them that they do not have THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW Season 2 Blu-ray version and don't know when or if they're going to get it! It just sucks that Canadians are stuck having to pay $20 plus for shipping because none of our vendors have this set available in the Blu-ray option!! :(

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
More than a month later, still only the DVD option remains for this and other Canadian vendors! :(

Might some Blu-ray disc replication issue be the cause of the Abbott & Costello Season 2 Blu-ray sets not being available to Canadian vendors?
View attachment 217138
UPDATE: I just contacted wowhd Canada by phone and it was sadly confirmed by them that they do not have THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW Season 2 Blu-ray version and don't know when or if they're going to get it! It just sucks that Canadians are stuck having to pay $20 plus for shipping because none of our vendors have this set available in the Blu-ray option!! :(
OK, so it appears that apart from Amazon and ClassicFlix themselves, The Abbott and Costello Show Season 2 Blu-ray sets aren't that easy to find on the U.S. vendor sites, either! Blu-ray disc replication issues, perhaps?

I'm getting the above as an early 60th Birthday present from our son, via eBay's Canadian platform for around $70 total (Including $22 and change for shipping, as it's coming from California!) in our currency.

CHEERS! :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So , I’m up to the episode Efficiency Exoerts on disc one. The outstanding quality continues.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I’m so glad this iconic show, one my all time favorites has been restored to this quality..Thanks again 3D Archives, thanks again Dave and Classic Flix!!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Update: I just watched Uncle From New Jersey. The great quality continues-Uncle Rupert looks incredible in HD.
I noticed one miscue early in the episode as Bud is on the phone and refers to Uncle Rupert as Uncle Rueben.
Also, I always wonder where Rupert’s outfit is when Lou isn’t wearing it. At one point it seems to be in the trunk that just drove off in the back of a truck. But then Lou shows up wearing it. All part of the great fun of season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks