What's new

Pre-Order The Abbot and Costello Show Season 2 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81mX1ZQjRFL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Abbott-a...11-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan

Hey, Bob, a quick question.

I noticed that season 2 is both sold and shipped by Amazon themselves, while most of the other Classic Flix releases on Amazon are usually sold by ClassicFlix directly and only shipped by Amazon.

What's different this time? A new deal with Amazon, maybe? Or am I reading too much into it.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
With an official street date of January 30th, we've started shipping The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 2 for those who have purchased their copies at ClassicFlix.com.

Painstakingly restored from original 35mm master elements by the 3-D Film Archive, in collaboration with the Library of Congress, ClassicFlix presents the Blu-ray debut of Season 2 with all 26 sparklingly sharp episodes in a 2-disc set.

Buy a copy and check out a just-posted restored clip below from Season 2 as well.

For additional information on this special release, check out an article over at The Abbott and Costello Fan Club which includes many details regarding Season 2 and about the set.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
With an official street date of January 30th, we've started shipping The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 2 for those who have purchased their copies at ClassicFlix.com.

Painstakingly restored from original 35mm master elements by the 3-D Film Archive, in collaboration with the Library of Congress, ClassicFlix presents the Blu-ray debut of Season 2 with all 26 sparklingly sharp episodes in a 2-disc set.

Buy a copy and check out a just-posted restored clip below from Season 2 as well.

For additional information on this special release, check out an article over at The Abbott and Costello Fan Club which includes many details regarding Season 2 and about the set.

- David

Always laugh at their terrific routines.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I always liked season 2 better than season 1, although I love season1!
Season 2 reminds me of A&C films like The Noose Hangs High.
More story and plot and less routine oriented.
Both are different, and both are great. A& C fans need both in their collection!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Season 2 was somewhat different without Bud & Lou standing on stage at the beginning of each episode in front of an audience and no title sequence with a montage of their films, however I enjoy both seasons and will be picking this up. I do miss Hillary Brooke in Season 2, but happy that Sid Fields and Mike The Cop were still around. By the way, I bought the DVD collection from E1 Entertainment when it came out years ago. I thought the quality was pretty good until Classic Flix released a much better edition of this, especially being able to buy it on blu ray. I will probably just sell my old edition, but hang on to the bonus features disc, booklet and post cards that were in the E1 release. It's unfortunate that these weren't included in these great releases, but I guess legal issues and the expense involved didn't make that possible. Anyone on here buy the original E1 release and have any thoughts on it, including the extras? Maybe David from ClassicFlix could let us know if any extras like the ones in the E1 edition had been considered for their release. At any rate, thank you for putting this fun show out with much improved picture and sound quality. Like the art design on the covers too.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Season 2 was somewhat different without Bud & Lou standing on stage at the beginning of each episode in front of an audience and no title sequence with a montage of their films, however I enjoy both seasons and will be picking this up. I do miss Hillary Brooke in Season 2, but happy that Sid Fields and Mike The Cop were still around. By the way, I bought the DVD collection from E1 Entertainment when it came out years ago. I thought the quality was pretty good until Classic Flix released a much better edition of this, especially being able to buy it on blu ray. I will probably just sell my old edition, but hang on to the bonus features disc, booklet and post cards that were in the E1 release. It's unfortunate that these weren't included in these great releases, but I guess legal issues and the expense involved didn't make that possible. Anyone on here buy the original E1 release and have any thoughts on it, including the extras? Maybe David from ClassicFlix could let us know if any extras like the ones in the E1 edition had been considered for their release. At any rate, thank you for putting this fun show out with much improved picture and sound quality. Like the art design on the covers too.
We had 10 commentaries on SEASON 1, plus some other great bonus material. SEASON 2 comes with commentaries and some additional material, but to a lesser extent.

This was a 3D Film Archive produced project, but 1) acquiring content from other labels isn't as easy as one would think and I don't believe porting over those features was considered and 2) while a good number of our projects are loaded with bonus features (like A&C SEASON 1), as a label we typically will prioritize restoring the content over bonus features as there is only a limited amount of duckets to go around.

- David

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
We had 10 commentaries on SEASON 1, plus some other great bonus material. SEASON 2 comes with commentaries and some additional material, but to a lesser extent.

This was a 3D Film Archive produced project, but 1) acquiring content from other labels isn't as easy as one would think and I don't believe porting over those features was considered and 2) while a good number of our projects are loaded with bonus features (like A&C SEASON 1), as a label we typically will prioritize restoring the content over bonus features as there is only a limited amount of duckets to go around.

- David
Thanks, David for answering my questions on that. It does make sense about being difficult to include extra features and acquiring certain content. All in all, your releases of this are much better than the original DVD ones from E1 albeit without those extras. No slight meant to E1 though, but ClassicFlix did a terrific job on A&C.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Hey, @ClassicFlix - a quick Q... Can we expect the season 1 blu - ray to be back in stock on Amazon anytime soon?

I wanted to order both seasons at the same time so that I can watch them back to back, but atm it shows the season 1 release as "currently unavailable".

Thanks in advance for your time!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Hey, @ClassicFlix - a quick Q... Can we expect the season 1 blu - ray to be back in stock on Amazon anytime soon?

I wanted to order both seasons at the same time so that I can watch them back to back, but atm it shows the season 1 release as "currently unavailable".

Thanks in advance for your time!
Thanks for asking. We just sent some more units of SEASON 1 into amz today. It'll likely be 7-12 days until they have it ready to ship.

- David

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Alternatively, one could just order directly from CF, giving them more direct financial support and receiving the discs in-hand in likely half that time. I think last time I ordered from CF, I had a shipping notice in 40 minutes and the discs in my mailbox in 3-4 days.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Alternatively, one could just order directly from CF, giving them more direct financial support and receiving the discs in-hand in likely half that time. I think last time I ordered from CF, I had a shipping notice in 40 minutes and the discs in my mailbox in 3-4 days.

Everyone should try to order directly from CF when possible, since it gives them more operating capital to continue giving us these great shows!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks