What's new

Any pet-peeves with your spouse? (1 Viewer)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Not married yet, but the girl I'm living with has a strange idea of spending time together.

For example, watching TV. When one of her Men are Evil shows is on Lifetime, I'm supposed to sit there with her and watch it because "we don't spend enough time together." But when I'm watching COPS, I get the "this show is stupid, I'm going upstairs." Huh? What happened to our quality time?

And she says I'm Sorry for everything! Even stuff out of her control that she had nothing to do with. I think I'm slowly breaking her of this habbit, but it isn't easy. Everytime she says "I'm sorry" I'm now asking "why? was it your fault {insert situation here} happened?"

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

So you've never said "I'm sorry." when someone tells you about what a bad day he's had? It's not meant as an admission of fault but an expression of sympathy - "I'm sorry [you went through that]." Though if she says it all the time I can see how it can be annoying.

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
My wife will ask me the same question 3 times. It bugs the hell out of me. She will ask me something and then follow that with, "are you sure?" Then sometimes she will ask me again. I get mad with her sometimes and say, I was sure the first time you asked me.

Another is she will argue with a tree stump. I always just have to give up all hope of convincing her of certain stuff. She can be so naive sometimes and she will have no clue, but I always just give up.

We are due for our first child soon, so I am sure that more pet peevs will show up when our child comes about.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
-The thing that bothers me most about my G/F is she'll make plans and of course not tell me and Ill find out about them the day before. Like Im just along for the ride.And I dont realyl like suprises. Id prefer to know what Im getting into in advance.

-She also is a bit too enthusiastic about getting things done.Im not lazy and dont mind hard work,I have a long commute and a stressful job and every once in awhile I would rather be lazy on the weekend and shes always on my ass about getting something done on the house.

-She likes to watch "What Not To wear" which is a show I despise.

She's got dozens of them about me.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The one thing my wife does all the time, even after many "gentle reminders," is opening the refrigerator door to get something and then walking away, leaving it wide open. Maybe it's from my getting yelled at so often as a kid, but for me seeing that door open is like fingernails on a chalk board!

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

While I can't claim to have never said "I'm sorry" under those terms, I do actually try to avoid it. And the problem isn't how she says it, it is how often.

ME: I burned the chicken while cooking
Her: I'm sorry......

Me: I lost 10 bucks on the office pool today
Her: I'm sorry......

It is her response way too many times, and to me is a sign of weakness. She needs to be more assertive and not saying "I'm sorry" all the time is a good first step.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have many but one thing that drives me crazy is that my wife wants to fall asleep to the tv. I would prefer to be in a dark room with no sound. The main problem is that I am usually kept awake while she falls asleep in minutes.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I'm not married, but am currently living in sin, so I'll throw out a few as well:

My g/f NEVER puts her crap away. She leaves things lying everywhere...and I'm somewhat of a neat freak.

She also randomly changes topics while having a conversation. We'll be discussing something and she'll just jump right back, in mid-sentence mind you, to something we were talking about 2 days earlier.

She watches ElimiDate and Cheaters constantly. I thoroughly despise both shows...

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Maybe she thinks the "Austin Powers grilling Mustapha" technique works on you - i.e. if she asks the question three times in a row you have to answer truthfully.

No wife or SO for me lately, but my onetime fiance used to crank the AC down to 55 and then turn on the electric blanket, thus wasting double the electricity, not to mention giving me sweaty feet and a head cold. However, her normally frigid footsies were "nice and cozy", which is all that mattered. Usually, I'd just forego the argument and sleep on the couch.

:frowning:

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Let's see...

1. My wife takes the hand towel from the bathroom to wash it, but doesn't replace it with a fresh one. She's constantly done this the whole time we've been married--8 years.

2. She always has to ask me, 'What's wrong?' or 'What's the matter?' This incessant nagging is what's wrong.

3. She says 'I love you' too damn much.

4. Weeknight sex is always out of the question because she's tired. Of course, her job is hard, but my job is too and I'm on my feet all day while she's at a desk.

5. She won't back me up when I tell her 17 year old son to get a damn job.

6. She can't cook worth a damn.

7. She actually thinks I listen. Shut up already.

8. She has no hobbies, and that in itself drives me up the wall because I have several.

9. I hate phones, and I hate phones. She won't turn down the ringer on her cell and it hurts my frickin eardrums, playing some dumb Motley Crue soundbyte over and over, louder and louder until it's answered. And she just has to answer a ringing phone. I tell her to stop that bad habit and just let the machine get it. If it's a person worth calling back, then do it. Otherwise, I like to screen calls at my own leisure. I am not one of these people that have cell phones stuck to my ear 24/7, and I'm not a person who feels the need to have an electronic leash.

10. Of course, when I need to contact her via her cell she never answers it.

11. She thinks she's a good driver, but in reality she's just as bad as I am.

12. She says our truck is 'hers' and I'm stuck driving the sedan to work. When I tell her I want a Camaro as my own, she gets pissed.

13. Oh yeah, she thinks Windex is used to clean everything.
:angry:

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
I have no complaints about my fiance. But can't say she would say the same about me...

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

Solution: "Keep" her up very late on Friday and Saturday nights. By "keep" I mean...well...you know. And by late...I mean VERY late...wink, wink....nudge, nudge.

Hope that works for you....report back. :)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor

Holy Crap! Are we living with the same girl? I still hate Cheaters, but I've gotten to where some of the Elimates make me laugh b/c of the desparate retards that go on there. I almost want to go on just to F with the losers who actually expect a relationship out of those shows.

I'll add a few about my gf --

Almost every time we eat, she'll eat everything on her plate, but leave a few bites. She has told me she "doesn't need to eat as much as me" but I purposefully put less food on her plate.

and, I'm saving up for a ring because I plan on proposing to her. She knows it because we talk about this kinda stuff, but I refuse to tell her when (even within a month). I figure that's part of MY fun in this whole deal. So every day she asks me when it's going to be and what kind of ring I'm getting, etc. It really detracts from my enjoyment of this part of our relationship.

/rant

RichP

Second Unit

:rolleyes
Yea, boy does that suck. We can only hope that she gets away from you as fast as she possibly can.

Jeff Blair

Second Unit

I know this was how my now wife was. It started to get on my nerves.

As for what she does now:

1. I will tell her something...again, and again, and again..

2. If she asks me a question, and I will tell her the answer, and then she goes to check on the net for it.

3. Not being able to go upstairs while she is watching one of "her" shows, but I can't watch anything I want to.

4. Nagging me all the time about smoking. When she used to smoke herself.

5. Telling her mom about every little thing that happens to me, but not telling her when she does something.

6. Turning the AC down to 75, and then having to use a blanket at night.

7. Turning the AC down instead of turning on a fan.

8. Starts to ask me a question..from another room..with the water running...facing away, and then getting mad because I didn't answer her. :angry:

But, you got to love them....or they would beat us silly. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
My ex used to do that ALL THE TIME! :angry: It really got annoying. I wasn't actually considering it, but I may have if she didn't bug the hell out of me about it. She kept saying "I don't want you to forget!" :rolleyes:- I didn't break up with her over that, but thank god I don't have to listen to THAT anymore :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think in the wee small hours of the morning when I find myself yearning for a significant other, I will return to this thread and remember the advantages of being single and sleep like a baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks