What's new

Any Negatives about SVS? (1 Viewer)

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
1. so so true!! To bad these guys are not in our space program.

YEA - but then you have to break DOWN that box for the garbage!!!! negative.

all kidding aside
Since I could demo an SVS all I could do is research it on the web.

I spent literally 4 or 5 hours surfing and I was amazed. I think I found perhaps 200 reviews from people with SVS products. The ONLY drawback was 90% of the new owners were surprised at HOW BIG they were. That was basically the ONLY drawback.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I have a negative and a positive.

Putting my 16-46 in the corner of my 30 foot room increased the output. (considerably!) But at the expense of tone and leading edges.

If you like music try bringing your sub well out of the corner. It tightens the bass and brings out the leading edges without loss of extension. I still get a 15Hz cliff-edge and a rising trend down to this frequency. :)

Mary,

Great posts! I knew exactly what you meant about the expanding waves. I just wish I could explain it. The speed of sound doesn't allow for such illusions. :b

Regards
ChrisBee

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Well the 25-31 CS (used original model) I picked up recently is a little too big for my multimedia needs and sort of in the way when moving around my desk (things seem to fall toward it like it gravitating that way). Not very banana end friendly.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
The weight of the bigger box subs might be thought of as a negative when moving them about. But not if you do it right:

Get a strong old blanket and roll the sub onto that.

Now you can drag the sub around on smooth flooring or carpet without any problem by pulling on the blanket only. The blanket has very low friction on most floors.

You wouldn't want to do this with spikes or feet in place of course. Nor would you want to damage nicely finished surfaces of your sub that are normally visible or veneered. So be very careful which face points down!

An old bedspread or unzipped sleeping bag can insulate the sub from the floor even better. If you place the bedspread on the blanket first. Then roll the sub onto both. It cushions the sub much better on your travels round the house.

My wife taught me this trick. She was re-arranging heavy furniture one day while I was at work. I hadn't a clue how she did it herself! Until she told me. :D

Regards
ChrisBee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks