What's new

American Idol - Season 6 (3 Viewers)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Jordin's song is sung every Labor Day by Jerry Lewis at the close of the Muscular Dystrophy Telethon. Since Jerry cannot sing and obviously Jordin can, the song sounded nothing at all like I've grown up hearing it -- and that's a good thing.

I thought "Imagine" was an awful song choice, mostly because I think it's an awful song. As a Christian, I don't like the lyric "Imagine there's no Heaven." So that mindset probably taints my opinion anyway, but I thought Blake was just incredibly boring, and not sure he really could have been otherwise with that song choice.

I thought Lakisha accomplished only one thing last night with "I Believe," and that was to simply let the whole world know that as good as she is, she is no Fantasia. I kept thinking that last night and then all three judges echoed that sentiment.

Phil -- eh. I just don't like him and I'm past ready for him to go.

Melinda -- her usual greatness.

Chris -- enough already.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to note Jordin's outfit. There are times when you see a person and you go, "OK." This wasn't that for Jordin. She's a large girl, but last night I thought her dress was perfect for her build. She was attractive not just in face and /or hair, but in the whole package. Good job.

I wasn't really moved by any of the performances. Melinda is still my favorite. I see what others see in Jordin, and I'm glad she's hanging on. Actually, she is constantly improving. In effect, she's the anti-Sanjaya. I'll also point out that Jordin isn't exactly new to the music business.

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
Another terrible performance by Chris "shoulder-tic" Richardson and, of course, the judges didn't have a harsh word. Chris "opportunist" Richardson needs to be voted off today but will stick around for at least another week or two. Indeed, Chris "boy band without a band" Richardson and the voting public deserve each other. Oh well.

Jordin brought it last night and I hope she wins.

Melinda technically has a great voice but is like a robot with one emotion - SURPISE!!!!

I loved Randy's "I don't know, it was just aiight for me dog" less than a week after watching that guy on Best Week Ever's spot-on imitation.

I thought Lakisha did quite well and was surprised to hear the judges didn't like her performance.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought she did very well, but I hardly thought it was the "best performance ever in the whole history of the show," as Randy was trying to say between "dawgs" and "aiights".

Lots of talk about this hyperbole on AM radio today too, wondering what the judges hear that's so different than what is televised.

Any speculation about tonight's "biggest shocker ever in the history of 'Idol'"? How shocking can it be if it's planned far enough in advance to announce and pimp it?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I'm guessing that one or more judges (or possibly Ryan) will announce that they're not returning for the next season.

I'm also imagining that there's no heaven, just to be contrarian. More importantly, I'm imagining there's no Chris, Phil, Blake, or Lakisha. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Where can one find screencaps from last night's show. One of the contestants reminded me of someone surprising last night, and I want to see about a side-by-side to see if it was the lack of sleep talking.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

Nope. I don't catch many musicals, not that I don't like them, I do, I'm just really picky. But it sounds interesting I'll have to give it a shot.
Jerry Lewis sings a version of the song? Yikes. I haven't watched those telethon's since I was like 9.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I've watched the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Telethon since the late 60's and yes, Jerry always finishes up the show with "You Never Walk Alone". Although he's not a great singer,I will say, he always sings it with conviction and I have to admire him for his dedication to helping his kids.:) As for last night,I was surprised by the judges remarks for Chris R. To me, he sounded pitchy at times,almost karaoke at best, and it did __sound like the guitar player screwed up,lol. My favorite was Melinda,but Jordin did very good too.I feel kinda bad for Lakisha, she's got such stiff competition with Melinda and now has Jordin stepping it up.Lakisha's poor song choice,vocal performance ,& outfits are hurting her. She and Phil have a similar problem where they have a problem singing in a lower register but both can really__ belt it out when they pick it up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What was the deal with "Bono was the mentor?" Is he too good to show up in coaching videos or something? Them talking about their song choices was like being back in the pre-finalist stage.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
For all those high on Sanjaya's cute sister, well looks like she was high on everything also. Seems Sanjaya's mom "was pinched by the Pierce County Sheriff's Department in February 2005 in Pierce County, Wash. after they found 310 marijuana plants -- and the Sis-jaya keeping watch with a bag of weed and "smoking devices" -- in the Malakar family garage.."

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/25/sanjay...-piles-of-pot/

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hell, enough of that shit, and we'd be doing the girl part of the hula, too.

From the link:

What, no. He looks like Jeff Fenholt, the guy who didn't sing with Black Sabbath.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
No one is voted off tonight? I hope so because I have a hard time believing that Jordin is in the bottom two, but I guess worse things have happened.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought it was cool. :emoji_thumbsup:

When Ryan called Paula "short," I wanted her to call Jordin over to stand next to Ryan. She always towers over him. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks