What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

All Things Disney Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Even though it’s only an extra two days, let’s hope the delay is because Disney’s doing something to fix the blunder on “And He Shall Smite the Wicked,” even though it’s probably not that.
I don't think that's possible because we're talking about physical CDs being mailed, not downloads. They would almost certainly have already needed to be pressed if they're shipping in two days. It's possible that Disney's shipment facility hasn't received them yet from wherever the discs were pressed, but I think the discs have to exist now if they're going to make that date.

We know what the digital version presents. We don't know what is on the discs yet. It might be possible, albeit unlikely, that there was some kind of error with the digital version only. At least, I don't feel comfortable raising the issue relative to a physical copy I haven't gotten yet. If there is still music missing when I get my physical CD copy, then I will deal with that then.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney Music Emporium has changed the shipment date for Hunchback again. The website now says: "This is a pre-order. Expected ship date is October 01, 2021."

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Aladdin finally reopened on Broadway last night.

The Broadway casts of Aladdin and The Lion King and the North American tour cast of Frozen appeared on The View today for a live performance.

Also, last week, Michael Maliakel (Aladdin) and Shoba Narayan (Jasmine) performed "A Whole New World" at an outdoor event in New York celebrating the return of Broadway.

Meanwhile, Disney+ recently uploaded a 2016 concert called Disney's Broadway Hits at the Royal Albert Hall which is sensational. I highly recommend it for those interested.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I saw on CBS that Aladdin had to shut down again due to a breakout COVID case, after only one performance. Crazy times.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I just listened to this charming album on amazon streaming. I had never heard it before; love hearing Walt and the music is excellent IMO.

DLAND.JPG

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw on CBS that Aladdin had to shut down again due to a breakout COVID case, after only one performance.
The performance yesterday night was cancelled and ticket holders refunded.

I wouldn't say it "shut down again" in a permanent sense as I am sure they intend to resume performances in short order once the affected cast members have recovered.

Edit: The show will go on tonight.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney has pushed Hunchback again with a new estimated shipment date of October 8.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Unfortunately, there have been more breakthrough cases at Aladdin in New York. They have cancelled performances through October 10. It is currently expected to resume October 12.

I am so sorry that this is happening to this company.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney Music Emporium has pushed back Hunchback physical CDs again.

Now it says estimated ship date is October 15. Previously, it said September 22, October 1, and most recently October 8. I'm getting really tired of having it get pushed back incrementally because they seem to have no idea when it will really go out. I would like to think they are correcting the missing music but have seen no evidence to support that theory.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Here's a good interview with Shoba Narayan (Jasmine) and Michael Maliakel (Aladdin) stepping into the Broadway production of Aladdin.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The physical CDs for the new release of Hunchback are now listed as an in-stock item, no longer a pre-order, at Disney Music Emporium. Their most recent estimated shipping date was tomorrow, October 15. I guess they think they are going to be able to hit that date if it is now in stock. I haven't gotten my shipping confirmation yet, and my order is still listed as "in progress." But hopefully soon.

People on the site have also submitted reviews and mentioned the missing music for Frollo's death scene from the download version. No word on if the CDs correct the omission or not. I hope so but doubt it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Do we know why Amazon isn't listing the Hunchback Legacy Collection CD?
Good question. I don't. But thus far Disney Music Emporium is the only one listing it.

My guess is that Disney have had problems getting stock on time. It was originally supposed to ship on September 22, then got pushed back a few times, and is now allegedly ready to ship, but mine hasn't yet. This is just a guess, but I suspect it will pop up on Amazon and other sites once physical copies start actually being made available.

The Disney/Amazon feud that has been going on for several years now has only ever impacted Blu-rays and DVDs, not other physical items, so I don't think it's that. I've been able to get Disney CDs, music downloads and books from them continuously.

There is just something odd about this release being pushed back many times, most likely due to the supply chain problems affecting lots of products these days.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Despite the fact that Hunchback is now showing as in stock on Disney's site, and they had listed October 15 as the most recent estimated shipping date, my copy has not yet been shipped.

We all know there are supply chain problems impacting a lot of goods right now, so even though the delay is annoying, it is not the source of my frustration here. What bothers me is that they originally said this was going to ship on or about September 22 and have given no updates to buyers since. They posted the other dates (October 1, then October 8, then October 15) on their order page but never sent an email about what is happening. Now, I still don't know why it hasn't shipped even though it is listed as in stock.

Unlike Amazon, Disney takes the funds for pre-orders immediately and they are strictly nonrefundable. I didn't think this was a problem when the CD was announced because there's no way I would want to return this. However, I find the customer service lacking. It isn't fair to take our money and just keep it indefinitely without at least providing us updates on when we might actually get what we paid for.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Have you asked why it hasn't shipped? Have you let them know your thoughts? Disney customer service is usually better than that.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Any word on the Hunchback CD, Jake?
A little bit, yes. Thanks for asking; I'm not sure why I forgot to post about it before.

The rep who got back to me said that my copy has been received by the warehouse and is going through the fulfillment process. So it should ship soon, even though it hasn't yet. They also refunded my shipping cost for this order as a make-good for the inconvenience.

I don't know if everyone would be able to get this or if I just got lucky with a nice representative, but I'm happy with that. Of course, I'll be happier once it actually ships. But that's something. And shipping was $6.82, which I think was really high to begin with, so I'm happy to be getting a refund.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Over at Film Score Monthly, a user who has received his physical copy has regrettably confirmed that “And He Shall Smite the Wicked” is still missing its climax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks