What's new

4400 Season Three (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ah, well 13 isn't so bad. I forgot that this season started on June 11th. I was thinking early July for some reason. It seems like it has been less time, I suppose because it has been moving along at a nice, quick pace.

Still, with these 13 episode seasons, it would be great to get them twice a year instead of once a year.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I know that Richard understands it, but I think we're overlooking the father/daughter relationship here also. Sure Richard knows Isabelle can be troublesome, but he considers her his daughter and with Lily gone I don't see Richard taking her dismissal lightly.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yup. Also with her departure, we will need some conflict between the three lead 4400 at the center (Collier, Shawn, Richard) to keep things interesting. As of now they are on the same page following Collier's return but that won't last long.

I really hope Kyle goes on walkabout in Tibet or something.

His release featured some of the laziest writing in the show, right up there with "since we know its formula, we can replicate it".

Really, I just wish they would handle the gvt side of things better: The 4400 are probably the most significant event this gvt has ever faced, why do we leave their handling to these two agents with divided loyalties and the apparent latitude to do whatever they want?

--
H

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well... legally didn't collier sign everything over to shawn already? and legally shawn&richard both have a say. so... despite collier's return... he needs to be undead first legally (strange case) and then it should (legally) still be upto shawn&richard to decide if they want collier back. it's strange to see collier being more like a father to shawn than his own father or relatives. ah well.

it's definitely getting interesting. it's gone from a low-end mediocre to high-mediocre almost approaching high quality show.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Yes, but as it has been pointed out above, Richard was intensely practicing using his TK to throw knives, and the scene strongly suggested that he was thinking about Isabel as his target.

Yes, there is some aspect of a father/daughter relationship there. But I think it clearly goes beyond that considering what he and Sean know about her.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Would be interesting regarding Richard. That in a future scene Isabelle is attacking Tom (who had the syringe). Richard uses his powers to have the syringe (w/the white liquid) shoot into Isabelle.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Wow. After tonight, I think this show has moved into my top two. Collier's move was very well-played, and the way in which it was revealed showed some pretty tight writing.

What a great ride!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked the plan of Jordan's that was ultimately unveiled, and I liked that Sean's positive experiences with Tom and Diana led him to disagree with Jordan and Richard.
At the same time, I found the whole "attack the military base" red herring to be a huge waste of an episode. Considering Sean never would have tattled if he'd known Jordan's real plan, it seemed to do more harm than good.
The Diana boyfriend subplot was also rather blah for me; her relationship with Maia is interesting because Maia, in being a 4400, is at the center of everything by her very nature. Hopefully they have an ace in the hole for this character, otherwise he seems to contribute very little other than another unnecessary romantic interest.
Strong episode in my book, but a step down from the close to flawless streak that came before.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Adam, I was under the very strong impression that Jordan told Sean about the "attack the military base" plan hoping that Sean (or someone) would tattle and that Ryland would find out. It wasn't a loyalty test at all. Jordan used Sean to spread the rumor of the attack. Rumor of the impending attack and destruction of the promycin (sp?) was what provided the context and justifiable reason for its immediate removal from the base. Otherwise, I'm sure Ben couldn't have simply walked in and ordered its removal without question. Without the rumor of the attack, Ben may as well have waltzed into Fort Knox and ordered the removal of all the gold.

I thought it was a great plan.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, that's the way I took it. That he depended on Sean ratting him out, otherwise Inteq would have never told Isabelle, etc. that there was an attack coming, causing her and Ryland to 'stay at the base' to await the attack rather then go back to Haskell, Inc. to keep an eye on the promicin. I thought that was a good touch. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Interesting how the mission statement of the 4400 center (to bring out the 4400 in average joe) which started as a sham may actually come to fruition.

--
H

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I guess I was just pissed because nothing was advanced until the end. I do like your interpretation, though — that Jordan, even though firmly in the good guy column now, is neither less manipulative or less slimey. Sean is just a tool to be manipulated, like everything else.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Lots of spoilers to follow..

Excellent finale to an excellent season. I knew Isabelle would remain alive but at the same time I felt that Richard ending things would have been almost poetic if they would have followed through. Regardless, we witnessed some big changes in this unverse. The 4400 center looks to be no more. Promicyn is now in general distribution with April and Kyle looking to possibly develop powers in the future. Collier on the run with Berkoff and Tess. Ryland is left broken with his power toy now nothing but a nomal girl. A powerless Isabelle lays next to a comatose Sean. Diana leaves for Spain and Maya lays an ominous prediction on Alana who is taken in the final moments.

This really has been the season I've been waiting for from the very inception of this show. The 4400 of the week episodes were kept to a minimum and it paved the way for the macro story style of television that I enjoy so much. It's really come into its own for Season 3 and it's going to make the wait for Season 4 difficult. Speaking of which, the 4400 has already been picked up for Season 4:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=16162

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, with the absence of Kyle for most of the season and the earlier disappearance of Alana, I would imagine that neither is coming back. I guess this may have been a way of getting them off the show for good. Too bad, poor Tom has to lose them again. And too bad Maya can't keep her trap shut. Sometimes folks would rather not hear the bad news!

All in all though, an enjoyable season.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Very poorly written and boring episode.
This series needs to end and what is all this crap with Isabelle? Get rid of the character already.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Brilliant. The entire season has been brilliant. I loved this episode. It basically laid out the risk: take the drug and 50% chance you become a super being, 50% chance you DIE. Who's willing to roll the dice? I thought this episode was a perfect conclusion to the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks