What's new

4400 Season Three (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Maybe they have, maybe they haven't. She's still built with tons of rage and insane power. She still killed a few of the 4400. It is getting interesting. The fact that the episode ended with

Her going to talk to Dennis Ryland

Sure sets up a ton of possibilities! I'm really liking the direction this show is going.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
This show is moving from something I watch because I already watch it to something I watch because I want to see what's happening. It feels rebooted and interesting.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
This season is just getting better and better. I guess we got confirmation that Matthew was from the future ... to be honest, I thought they were kind of subtle with that explanation, but in a way I kind of liked that.

What I was really surprised with was that they let Isabelle off so easily. Even if there's no proof that she killed those 4400s, she's at least guilty of breaking Shawn out of the mental hospital (although I guess they'd have to press charges, since it was a private hospital).

For a minute, I actually thought Tom was going to kill Isabelle at the end. I know he's not sure if she's "good" or "evil" yet, but he made that deal with the future people. I would think they'd get a little angry if he reneged on it.

And now I'm really curious as to why Isabelle is meeting with Ryland
.... this show is indeed getting better and better. :)

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
This show is wonderful and it's really getting better. The latest episode was really tense, especially the end with Tom and the syringe.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Who says he is? People from the future aren't necessarily the only people sympathetic to Isabelle's mission. Especially people who base their decisions on fear.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
This season has been interesting though I don't like Isabelle the focal point of the series.
Bring back Kyle!

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I wasn't entirely sure if that's what you were implying or not, so that's my fault on the interpretation. I just wonder how he would have known enough about Isabelle to know what her "mission" is .... (although there must be "spies" or somethnig inside the 4400 center that could be filling him in ....)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As glad as I am to be rid of Alana (just didn't find her character interesting), I think it would have been braver for the show to see Tom just let Gary hang.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm gonna miss Alana. What happened, did the actress want off the show? It's a shame, now Tom has nobody.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well that was an interesting twist at the end. Turns out the experiment does work ;)

I loved the whole bit with the rockstar. Something I've been waiting to have happen, to show them that there are people who could tempt themp/want to use them for their powers.

Now we just need to figure out what the hell the government is going to do with all that storage..

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Knowing Ryland, wage war on the 4400.

It's an interesting turn considering Isabelle is supplying the promicyn for Ryland's little security group. If the intention is to reintroduce the inhibitor to the 4400 population, Isabelle is inadvertently (or intentionally?) fulfilling her role by "killing" the 4400 (or at least the part of the 4400 that makes them useful to the future).

Of course Burkoff now presents himself as a wild card (and Jeffrey Combs is fantastic might I add). By perfecting his experiment and introducing 4400 abilities to non-4400's, he has taken major steps into becoming the "father of the 4400 technology". I wonder if he's possibly a "loophole" for the future in case Isabelle's current plans come to fruition? Just thinking out loud.

Did I mention I really love the direction this show is going in?:)

I wanted to also mention that it was great seeing Summer Glau's character Tess in a more normal state. I hope to see much more of her in the future.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Considering how enormously powerful her 4400 ability is (perhaps THE most powerful), I wonder if the schitzophrenia was triggered by the future as a way to limit her power. It was nice to have her back, though. Thinking back to how sweet the relationship between the two was in their first episode last season, it makes sense they'd have stayed in touch.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
alright... so i'm now all caught up =). it's been a very exciting season so far. there's a lot of huge changes happening every episode.

PS there was a lot of "villains" from the past season coming back as the "good" guys here.

i wonder how tom will "change the future"?

the only regret i have for this show is it is not widescreen... is it supposed to be? are the DVD's widescreen?

Roger_R

Second Unit
The DVDs are in 16:9. Season 2 was also shown in HD, but I'm not sure which channel. I have a couple of recordings and it looks like a completely different show in widescreen and HD, not a washed out thing from the '80s like it does on USA.

For me season 3 has been a big improvement over season 2 which seemed to stall the major storyarcs for 4400-of-the-week episodes, which got a bit dull.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think this show is filmed in HD. I'm not sure why they don't show it letterboxed, because it does seem to "open up" and have a different look on DVD then it does on regular TV.

I do love the direction of this show this year, and I don't mean that just as far as scripts. The writing has been good, but the cinematography of this program has greatly improved. It went from looking as though it was shot in a bare minimal type environment to really fleshing out it's surroundings. More of the sets have a better feel to them and are more engaging. The production values in general have greatly improved. I have been VERY impressed with this whole season, and I like the fact that there are now a lot of really interesting main and subplots to follow ;)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Holy Cow! There were some stunner twists tonight! Now we learn a whole lot of crap

Basically, some people due to genetic drift were going to develop power anyway which would cause a government freakout. Now, with the prescence of the 4400, the freakout isn't getting better, it may get worse as the government is counter-programming and developing it's own "super troopers" to fight them. Jeesh!

Maybe this is the catastrophe the future worried about; except in their timeframe, it was just the government attacking the people who had the genetic abnormality and it became prosecution.. and now, with the presence of elizabeth, the government just gets the power faster to counter-program! Spooky freaking stuff.

This season has been SO much better then I could have expected. This has really turned into "must watch" TV!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks