What's new

3D Blu-ray Review 3-D Rarities: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (1 Viewer)

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Voted.

Say, Bob, mention of I'll Sell My Shirt brings up an idea that I know I told Jack Theakston but not sure I told you: Do a blu ray of all the Burlesque shorts and Campus Capers and call it When 3-D Was Naughty. :)

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This release deserves all the accolades it gets. It's a stunning collection of miraculously restored material, lovingly packaged. What's not to love?

Absolutely. And it still sits as #1 on our top list of 3D releases. This is the best package of 3D viewing material that can be had. Congrats to Bob and Greg!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
And I'll watch it an extra time this week instead of The Force Awakens since apparently that was such a rare film that they couldn't find the 3D elements for that!

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
This title is now only $24.63 at Amazon.com. I just placed my order - Being a 3D junkie and based on all the positive buzz on this forum I am really looking forward to this - I'm surprised it took me this long to order. GOG 3D has also dipped in price - it is now $14.99 on Amazon.

For anyone else who has been waiting for a price drop, I suggest clicking thru the link on page 1 of this thread (and help support the forum).

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Probably THE premiere disc for anyone with a 3D TV. Chock-full of demo material
and probably the most nostalgic of all the classic 3D releases. I'd almost forgotten the more stoutly-built Casper the Friendly Ghost! (He slimmed down in later years.) Whether you're a 3D enthusiast, a film-history enthusiast, or a plain ol' cinema enthusiast, this is an absolute MUST, especially at this price.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
First off I want to say a huge thank you for Ron and everyone posting in the essential 3D thread, which led me to buying 3D Rarities as my first purchase due to all the high praise it was getting. Well worth it!!! I know this thread is a bit on the old side, but I do have a question: during the segment from 1924-1927 there is one scene of a man getting a pole and spider on a string and what followed was one of the most insane 3D effects I have experienced and was not expecting to happen at all. I don't want to give anything away since I went into it with no idea myself, but why hasn't that effect been done more to promote the experience by anyone? I've seen others try but nothing like that one scene, maybe the only other one I can think of was a scene from IMAX: Deep Sea 3D that to me actually worked beyond expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks