What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2023-2024 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's such a bizarre thing for someone in that position to do. Just a horrible lack judgement, decency, and whatever else you want to add. It does, however, give MSU an easy out on that horrible contract extension they signed Tucker for after one season.
I think it's just hubris. There's a lot of it these days.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After the first week of games, the Raiders are in first place, all alone. Of course, when everything is said and done, I expect the Raiders to finish last in their division. They're not a good team.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
$@#&% Broncos. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, at least we have the Buffs. Prime Time!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Neither team has any offense. All scoring has been by Dallas defense.

Daniel Jones looks like Daniel Jones.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Freaking Chargers. I really didn't think Joe Lombardi was the problem last season, and Kellen Moore certainly isn't the solution.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Cowboys certainly got off to a good start and in the process probably created way too much confidence in the team for some of their fans. I've seen this scenario too many times though and will just enjoy the win and leave it at that. The worst shutout loss in the history of the contests between these two franchises, BTW.

The Cowboys play the Jets next week. Will Rogers continue to be a Cowboy-killer with his new team? We'll see. The 'boys have some tough match-ups later this season, including teams from the NFC West and the AFC East, along with the Eagles twice; so cheer up Cowboy "haters", you are going to have something to smile about some of these weeks. :)

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, the pissy bitch fit between Spectrum and Disney appears to be over, so ESPN and other Disney channels should be back on Spectrum for MNF (though as pointed out, tonight's game is going to be carried on ABC stations, too, which seemed unaffected on my system by the spat). But next week it's likely ESPN only.

Hope the Jets make a better game of it at MetLife than the Giants did last night. Talk about a loud, long, wet fart in the season opener, in prime-time, on national television. Giants' organization should be embarrassed from ownership all the way down the line.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hope the Jets make a better game of it at MetLife than the Giants did last night. Talk about a loud, long, wet fart in the season opener, in prime-time, on national television. Giants' organization should be embarrassed from ownership all the way down the line.
Giants fans like me are embarrassed.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Interesting. I seem to recall years past had a MNF double-header on the opening week, one east early and one west late.

I see Giants have a couple more prime time games coming up, on TNF in Prime Wk 3, then MNF Wk 4.

Time to implement season-long flex scheduling, perhaps? ;)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Interesting. I seem to recall years past had a MNF double-header on the opening week, one east early and one west late.
Yeah, they shifted that around as they increased ESPN's deal. So now ESPN has several weeks of simulcasts, dual MNF games, one of the international games for ESPN+, and then some Saturday games at the end of the season.

Honestly, the way things are going, I don't know why the NFL doesn't try to carve out another package and offer games on three networks in the 1 PM window.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Honestly, the way things are going, I don't know why the NFL doesn't try to carve out another package and offer games on three networks in the 1 PM window.
Fox and CBS pay the NFL a lot of money for those 1pm and 4:30pm games to show in local markets. Neither network would like losing some of those games to a 3rd network, and would want a price reduction on their rights fees.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well that was quick. Looks like the Rodgers era may already be over for the Jets. Helped off the field in the first series and bringing out the cart to take him from the blue tent to the locker room.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, Rodgers didn’t last long. It looked like an ankle to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks