What's new

2023-2024 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It is surprising that it happened four plays into his regular season tenure with the Jets, but it isn't surprising that a 39 year old QB gets injured. Speaking from personal experience ( :) ) stuff breaks down when you get older.

So the question becomes whom do the Jets acquire to backup or compete with Wilson. Maybe Carson Wentz?

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As an aside, can I just rant about how annoying it was that they ran the same Hyundai commercial in almost every break during Sunday Night Football. As if the game wasn't bad enough.

Steelers' DE Cam Heyward also out for an extended period. Will have surgery for groin injury.

Some in the press are hoping the Jets may be able to lure Tom Brady out of retirement (of course), but I don't see that happening. Other trade possibilities being thrown about are Jacoby Brissett and Jameis Winston. Also the aforementioned Carson Wentz, though he had a pretty dismal rating last season (80.2).

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
As an aside, can I just rant about how annoying it was that they ran the same Hyundai commercial in almost every break during Sunday Night Football. As if the game wasn't bad enough.

Steelers' DE Cam Heyward also out for an extended period. Will have surgery for groin injury.

Some in the press are hoping the Jets may be able to lure Tom Brady out of retirement (of course), but I don't see that happening. Other trade possibilities being thrown about are Jacoby Brissett and Jameis Winston. Also the aforementioned Carson Wentz, though he had a pretty dismal rating last season (80.2).
The Jets acquiring Wentz would be fascinating- I assume they would start him, and park Wilson’s keister back on the bench
(Wentz would have zero interest in backing up Wilson). That would be a true disaster.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
So Aaron gets $75 million, for just 4 snaps, if he can’t/decides not to play again? I know shit happens, but this just looks bad for guaranteed contracts.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Anybody else experiencing buffering while streaming tonight’s game on Amazon Prime.
I had something weird while I switched it on my TV. I first tuned in a few minutes before halftime to the main broadcast, but then backed out to watch the "rapid recap". Then I jumped over to the "next gen stats" broadcast.

The sound seemed a bit off, so I tried to jump back to the main broadcast. However, the main broadcast always jumped back to the point that I originally switched it off. It would not let me fast forward. But the "stats" broadcast was moving fine.

I turned the TV off and went upstairs and pulled the main broadcast up on my tablet as background noise and it's been running fine.

While the sound might be wonky (and it could just be me), the picture on Amazon is much clearer than any of the broadcasts I'm getting through my Fios cable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
At halftime, I started watching the game in my home office without any further buffering. That ATV4K is the closest to my router located in my home office. The buffering was happening with the ATV4K in my main HT which is downstairs and the furthest away from my router.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Eagles should not be too smug. You get… what… five turnovers, and only win by six points? Seems like a problem

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
At halftime, I started watching the game in my home office without any further buffering. That ATV4K is the closest to my router located in my home office. The buffering was happening with the ATV4K in my main HT which is downstairs and the furthest away from my router.
Has that ATV4K given you issues with being farther away from the router in the past? I would suggest checking the signal strength to the device.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Vikings fumbled 4 times, and allowed 259 yards rushing. Not a recipe for success. They play the Chargers next.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Eagles should not be too smug. You get… what… five turnovers, and only win by six points? Seems like a problem
And A.J. Brown seems to be turning into a problem diva. They're winning the game and he's throwing tantrums because he's not the star.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
My buddy and I are at a Chili’s, watching the Bengals game (not a national game in the
1:00 window in the Philly market). I thought it was interesting that the restaurant’s channel guide listed the games as DirecTV business.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks