What's new

2006 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Drummond reups with the Lions. I can hear the sighs of relief that he didn't sign elsewhere from the Merryfield residence from here. :D

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
The thing about Washington is that they have a real coach with all of these players not like when Norv was the coach there and had no idea to handle a whole football team.

I am fine with Drummond re-upping, especially for that deal. Its basically 2 Million guaranteed, with each year being veteran minimums with incentives.

There are a few rumors floating around the area such as Charles Rogers being released, and Julian Peterson coming in for a visit. We will see.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

After the way Drummond played last season, the Bears could have had him, as far as I'm concerned. I think all the injuries have taken their toll -- Fragile Eddie looked too timid last season, and that will ruin a kick returner, who must be fearless (and more than a little crazy, IMO).

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
The real key to the Redskins IMO is if Al Saunders can keep up his style of play without Vermeil's insight or if he will go back to being, well, Al Saunders.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I'm going to kinda, sorta, but not really defend Norv here. The fact is that even Marty Shottenheimer who is a good regular season coach did nothing with a team that signed every big-name under the sun, remember the Deion experiment? Granted he only had a year, but Spurior who is at least 1 rung higher than Norv on the coaching scale also had trouble...so while I think this coaching staff will make a big difference, the point is that spending a lot of money isn't going to guarantee you anything, if it did the Knicks would be like 8 time consecutive NBA champs.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
The Knicks....HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA. Thats all I have to say about that! :D

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
And I'm going to kinda, sorta defend Marty. He took the twisted pile of crap Norv left behind and after he lost his first 5 games there, he finished the season 8-3. Marty was definitely going to win there, but it took 5 games for them to forget that they were Norv's losers and to buy into "marty ball". He was fired because Daniel Synder is an ignorant, impatient moron who thinks throwing money around solves all problems quickly, so he hired the most expensive thing he could fine, Spurrier. IMO, Marty did an excellent job on a team that featured a bunch of overpaid, over the hill primadonnas.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Speaking of Terrell Owens, Jeff George and Meshawn Johnson...TO could be released today, in fact he has to be or else the Eagles owe him 7.5 million dollars, Johnson may also be trimmed from the Cowboys roster, and Jeff George called the Raiders looking for a job. I'm now convinced that someone from the team read my bitching about Collins and is now floating things out there to see and or prove to me that there are worse QB's than Kerry. A point that I will gladly admit to, so don't you dare even return that phone call.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The Cowboys don't owe Johnson his roster bonus for a little while so if they release him that fast, you know something is up.

Something else that should concern Chuck and me is that Parcells had lunch with Owens' agent at the Combine.

In other news, David Givens is the next Patriot to leave the team and join the Titans. He signed a 5 yr 24 million dollar contract with 8 million guaranteed.

Willie McGinest is visiting the Browns.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Is there any team in the league that Jeff George hasn't called over the past couple of years?

Kitna signs with Lions. That sound you just heard was the door hitting Shaun King in the ass. King's only hope is that Detroit tries to renegotiate Harrington's large cap number for this season and Joey refuses.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Minnesota does trade Daunte Culpepper to Miami for a 2nd round pick. Brees is literally left hanging in the New Orleans breeze at the moment...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
So, how long before the Saints cut Aaron Brooks? The other fallout to the Brees signing is that New Orleans can now trade down in the draft -- they have the #2 pick, which will be a prime spot to take either Leinhart or Young.

Also, in minor news, the Lions resigned DE Kalimba Edwards.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Will Leinart drop to Norm Chow and the Titans now (re: Brees in NO)? Or will the Saints trade that number two spot for a slightly lower first rounder and a player?

Titans get Mawae. How is his health? He was a great center two years ago.

Culpepper in Miami. Better boat action, I suppose (you expected that).

Shane, Parcells needs to do what he was hired to do. If they sign TO, either it works, or it blows up in their face. Time will tell. I'm betting money on BLOWS UP IN THEIR FACE myself.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

He's probably thankful, signing helped him to avoid a scheduled trip to Oakland later this week.

Kitna, Brees, Culpepper...all spoken for just on this day. God damn it, we're resigning Kerry Collins and there's nothing I can do to stop it that won't land me in jail.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The bright side is you could visit the other raider fans there ;) :D You might even get to see Sebastien Janikowski there. I hear he has great tips and secrets on picking up women

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks