What's new

2 12" subs: is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

fvjass9b

Auditioning
Real Name
Sunny
Hi everyone,

I have one 12" sub that produces more than enough bass when watching a movie but doesn't have the same performance when listening to music. The room is about 9' highx19'longx16'wide. It is a nice sub (Energy ES-12) but it now about 9 years old and I'm sure technology has progressed since then. I'm thinking of getting 2 Velodyne 12" DLS-4000R (feedback on these are appreciated as well) subwoofers. What can I expect to hear? Is it worth getting 2?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It depends on the price that you pay for the 2 subs. If they are of marginal quality, buying two will give you a 6db increase in the same marginal quality over buying 1. Most recommend buying a single high quality sub from an internet direct company. Not that Velodyne is bad but you can get more and better for your money buying internet direct. Look at SVS, Hsu, Elemental Designs & Epik Subwoofers. The only better value is building it yourself (if you have the time, skills and tools).

-Robert

fvjass9b

Auditioning
Real Name
Sunny
Thanks for the info but I'm getting a real good deal on these subs ($350 each) so they are pretty cheap considering their retail price of 799 (Canadian)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks