What's new

10.5 worst TV show ever! (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
This is without a doubt, the funniest made for TV show ever. It sets new standards for bad camera work, bad models and bad story line. How can you ever forget the evil crack coming after the train? And how about the clever use of the zoom lens IN EVERY SHOT!

Jim Williams

Second Unit
What amazes me is that with all of the hype, it is not even being broadcast in 16X9.

BTW: The train and the crack are an all time low point in made for TV movie special effects.

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
Zoom, zoom zoom zoom a zoom. I'm getting sick from watching 10.5. What clever camera work for 5 year olds. This is without a doubt the worst TV show ever.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm taping this for later viewing...CAN'T WAIT!!! I heard all the reviews calling it cheesy, but it sounds REALLY bad!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Good grief! It's like the camera operator has Parkinson's disease. Shake, shake, shake, zoom in, zoom out, cut, cut, zoom in, cut, zoom out.

What's with all the zooming? Yes, it's a filmmaking device, but it shouldn't call attention to itself like this. I'm getting motion sickness.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I just saw the last 15 minutes of this miniseries that was on tonight... scientifically... this cannot happen! I mean, earthquakes will happen.. but it would never rewrite the entire geography of the whole entire West Coast. Nope... Sorry... it can't detatch and fall into the ocean.. sorry.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I just assumed that this would be broadcast in HD. I was so surprized to see that it is just SD. Judging from what I have seen so far however, it would have been a waste of money to produce such a bad TV show in HD.

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
So much stupidity in just 2 hours time!!!

This show is great, unfortunately, I don't think NBC was intending this to be a comedy. Everything is so over the top and cheasy, it's a laugh riot. I especially love when the two researchers park their black vehicle and wander around to find evidence of a quake. They find dead animals and assume a gas pocket from a fault killed the animals. In fear of their lives, they run back to their closely parked vehicle and proceed to run over several dead animals, all within 20 feet of the vehicle (a view that the camera accentuates). Do they not see these dead animals piled up in front of the car when they parked their car????? What a Joke!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely terrible! From the terrible science, which I suppose we are supposed to ignore, to the cliche characters, bad bad bad acting, and while some of the fx shots are good, there are a ton of laughable bluescreen shots.

I loved how the fault line just happened to follow the train tracks exactly! LOL I think the daughter is worst of them all though. Not only are they terrible lines but she is cringe worthy.

And never let this director and camera crew work on another movie ever again.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well usually I'm a sucker for this type of Mini-Series. But even for a Disaster Mini-Series this was bad. So where do we begin?

Let's start with Cliched characters:

Of course you have the female, renegade, play by her own rules Seismologist with a wacky hunch that turns out to be exactly correct, and no one will believe her until it's too late. With that, the her male boss who really isn't wearing the pants but longing to get into her pants, also an intern level admirer who is kissing her ass.
An estranged, absentee parent, with a bleeding heart doing some formality of an outing with his poser-rebel, chip on her shoulder daughter, whose mother/wife happens to be the governor of California, that will be repeatedly put in danger where by the end they will be reconciled.
The Renegade, plays by his own rules surgeon who father happens to be heading the crisis management team who was appointed by an apolitical President.
The Bleeding Heart Surgeon who will do whatever it takes to help everyone while his family waits for him.
Am I forgetting anyone? I suppose this one did not have the reporter that figures the whole thing out and blows the lid off it.

Cliched/Ridiculous Situations:

The initial taste of the mass carnage that will soon follow focusing on a some BMX-esque bike rider who escapes danger at every corner, narrowly out-riding the collapising Space Needle.
A continously opening fissure in the Earth that is perfectly chasing a moving train. As soon as the train falls into said fissure, the fissure stops opening.
Estranged father foolish driving over loose earth to have his car envoloped. Daughter escapes. We wait for him, can't get out, gets buried, we wait, father escapes out of sun roof.
The media applauding after the Governor's brave words at the press conference in the face of her own personal family crisis
Golden Gate Bridge collaping. (If I lived in San Fran, I'd be scared shitless driving over that bridge for all the stuff that happens to it in the movies)
The proposal of using Nuclear weapons to fix the problem (Oh, the irony!)
At least they have not written in the idea that the problem is because of some government experiment or the destruction of the Environment.
I'm waiting for the "All races united" angle in Part 2 tomorrow.

Let's not forget the Split Screen usage that is "remarkably similar" to "24"

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
It's up there. I actually got my Mom and sis to watch this with me. We went to Mom's, had dinner, made a bloody cake even. Oy!
Yeah, the "24" style multi screen shots looked more like "The Brady Bunch" intro, and the "tromboning" (what my film professor called bad zooming in and out was the most excessive, intrusive I've EVER seen!!! Wasn't that style played out like, years ago...?
AND I thought it was 1 nite! Had NO idea it was a damned minseries, but I should have realized sooner what with NBC cuuting to commercial after only 7 MINUTE INTERVALS!!! I expect that on USA, TBS... But NBC...???? And then all the damned "FRIENDS" promos. Like, did they think fans don't know about thursday...?
SHEESH! And the 1st 5 minutes were kinda cool, but apparently all the FX "money" shots were in the promos.

I want my sun. nite back! Makes me wanna put on "The Poseidon Adventure" or "Towering Inferno". Even "The Swarm"!!!

BTW, What were the reviews like...?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Damn Mark, beat me to it. Too bad Lex Luthor probably does not own that "Worthless California Desert" anymore.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Of course there will be Friends promos. It's sweeps time. If plans to watch Friends isn't in your bloodstream yet, well they're just not running enough promos for it.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Let's see, an 8.4 quake in Redding and the CA governor finds out about it on the phone? Didn't the shaking tip her off? Or, by some miracle, did they not feel it in Sacramento?

Chris

Senior HTF Member

She's wearing new Dr. Scholl's "gell pad" shoe inserts, she's too busy "gelling".. product placements all over in the next part

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks