What's new

10.5 worst TV show ever! (merged) (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't the "country music" comment supposed to signify that she recognized the music from the truck stop they were at? Not sure if there was country music there or not though, but that's the only reason I can come up with why she would point this out. :)

What made it even funnier was that the guy kept racing down the street in the direction the tower was falling, even after he saw it falling against him. :D That was like in the cartoons when a tree falls and the Coyote keeps running along the falling tree instead of just changing direction. :)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
The train wreck was hilarious. I just kept thinking that superman was lay himself and conform to the layout of the track itself... remember the scene in the movie Superman... yeah, that's the one... and why hasn't the Hollywood sign fallen yet?

The Nuclear Bomb thingy... if you fuse faults together... it'll blow up the earth!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yep, definately got a laugh there. Like in "The Fugitive" obviously a much better film. By why did Harrison Ford try to outrun the derailed train. Couldn't he just have taken a few steps to the left and let the train pass him?

Brian-W

Screenwriter
You know what is even more annoying? There is NO REASON the story or acting has to be cheesy or poorly written. I mean come on, Hollywood can tell a pretty convincing (and good) story in an 1 and a half hours. Yet shit like this show gets nearly 4 hours (likely 3 1/2 after commercials), and they can't even get 10 minutes of it right.

When I first tuned in, I thought I tuned into some new hit teen series with that MTV editing (which makes me ill and is unnecessary) and the music playing.

Earthquake may not be the best movie in the world, but the effects, camera, and acting were FAR better than this crap, and the running time was significantly less.

Why must we endure this crap. Ugh, guess I gotta tune in and see how much worse it gets.

Everyone loves a trainwreck, especially me (except when a dastardly quake must follow the train tracks and "eat" the train")

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
The sweetest thing about the train wreck (in the train wreck of a show) was how it fizzled out once it finally caught that train!!
And curved, kinda like them twisters in that "Night of the Twisters" tv movie...it followed them down alleys and that.

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the show for the special effects. I thought an earthquake would look better than in the movie "EARTHQUAKE" from 1974 with Charlton Heston.

WRONG!!

They could have done a better job with the cars coming off the Golden Gate Bridge. They actually looks like hotwheel cars. So disappointing.

I think the 1974 movie looks a lot better than this crud. What does everyone else think in comparing the two?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yep, another disaster movie that turns out to be a disaster! What next?

As for the girl, her dad thought that she had her own set going, so she replied that it was 'country' to emphasie that she'd never listen to that. At least, that was the way I caught it.

Yes, the train cracked me up! I was guessing that the tracks woould have turned, and the fault line continues in a straight line, but they really screwed that one up. When I think about it, though, the cacks do have to stop somewhere, or they'd go on forever.

The Golden Gate Bridge was a disaster too. The only way that is going to crash is if the towers collapse from shaking. They were not even moving, but the suspension was!

All in all, a lot of fun, though. Just don't think about it.

Glenn

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Does anyone remember Atomic Train that NBC produced years ago? Or the horrible Noahs Ark? Or Asteroids (it was called that or Comet or something)? Why do they continue to put out such crapola?

I missed 10.5, any ideas when it will be shown again? I cant wait to see how NBC tops themselves this time :D

Alex-C

Screenwriter
zoom...Zoom.....ZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM ! ! !

arrgghh..my eyes...are bleeeeeeding...stop the zooming !

Everyone knows about straight to video releases, like Lion King 1.5 and Aladdin 6 etc.

Has their ever been (or is 10.5 a perfect candidate for) a straight to MST3k ?

The editor had to be on meth to work on this...can they somehow digitally unzoom at least 1 camera cut per 5 minutes.

So horribly terribly awful. Not even kitschy cool. There's no Roadhouse factor ! none !

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, Part 2 is starting. Here goes nothing. I think I'm gonna crack some beers to see if that helps!!

:)

And remember what Stephen King said...
"any beer left in the 'fridge after the store's closed is good beer."

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I remember seeing that, and based on the descriptions of 10.5, I think that it's probably infinitely better. "At least" Atomic Train had a "star" like Rob Lowe. I'll turn on the tube now to see how atrocious it is. :)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Oh. Dear. Gawd. How can you guys endure this? I've gone through 30 seconds of this shit-covered doo-rag and I can't stand it. Off it goes. I *KNOW* Atomic Train was better than this. You'd have to get me REALLY drunk or high to get me through this without seriously injuring myself, and I don't EVER want to get REALLY drunk or high. :)

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
I may have to sue the producers of this thing. The constant camera zooms,pans,jitters, and split screens is giving me a migraine. I really think I may blow a blood vessel. I can see the blood flying out of my nose and splattering all over the screen now. I should turn it off but we are having our own Mystery Science Theater audition.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
nope (hic!) ain't workin'....

Still sux... Maybe I'll just put on my new "Cocktail" DVD. Citizen Kane by comparison....

;)

and gee, another commercial break. How long is this thing without breaks? 2 and a 1/2 hours???

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
AOL IM conversation I was just having with another friend:

Me:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4856537
Friend: well, that's nice
Me: what's nice? that a 10.5 isn't possible? :)
Friend: yep... maybe that's the point... it's impossible, so that's why the miniseries is so improbablely horrible too
Me: haha

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I keep expecting one of the sandworms from "Tremors" to pop up and scare Fred Ward...!

And jeez, another commercial! This must be a record. It's like, 6 minutes of show, 4 minutes of commercials.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, there goes Fred...
At least in ARMAGEDDON, didn't Bruce Willis sacrifice like, work?

I think I'm gonna put on INDEPENDANCE DAY after this. Haven't seen it on my new (12 bit Video d/a!) player yet.

:) BURP!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks