What's new

Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Title: Zombieland: Double Tap

Genre: Horror, Action, Comedy

Director: Ruben Fleischer

Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin, Zoey Deutch, Avan Jogia, Rosario Dawson

Release: 2019-10-11

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
ZombielandDoubleTap001.jpg

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching the various trailers for this movie and I have no idea if the new movie is going to work or not, but the Teasers/trailers/TV ad campaign have got to be the funniest set of pieces I've ever seen for a movie.

I just saw the ESPN Scott Van Pelt interview version and woke my wife up from a dead sleep b/c I was laughing so hard -- a rarity.
Heck -- just give me a BD of the Ad Campaigns someday and I'd be happy.

ESPN
3 versions of the White House Ad
Velociraptor?
The Madison Character is a hoot

Last edited:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I think this is a better film than the trailers indicate. Granted, I haven't seen the original in nearly a decade but I think this is right up there with it. Thankfully, it doesn't suffer from the usual sequel drop-off. The entire cast is terrific and Deutch is amazing. You'd think the "dumb blonde" stereotype had been done to death, but she makes it fresh and funny. She's a real talent.

4.5/5

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Is this movie available to see in 3D? I also loved the first — which I only saw on Blu ray, (thank you Walmart dump bin!), and I’d like to see the new one in the theatre.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is this movie available to see in 3D? I also loved the first — which I only saw on Blu ray, (thank you Walmart dump bin!), and I’d like to see the new one in the theatre.
No, I don't believe this is available in 3D. I don't see it listed anywhere, while many theaters are offering the weekend's other release, Maleficent 2, as a 3D option.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As I was watching this movie in a Dolby Cinema theater, a strange thing happened. They had a power outage at the theater and the entire mall area in which the movie theaters were located lost their power. The entire neighborhood had no power. The lights went out about 20-25 minutes before the ending. Looks like I'll be seeing the ending at a different AMC theater as I'm not about to make that same 130 mile round trip again. As an A-Lister, I wasn't about to wait around for a free ticket voucher as the line was too damn long and rush hour traffic was in full bloom.

As to the movie itself, I thought it was funnier than the first movie, but I'll give me full assessment once I see the rest of the movie.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
As I was watching this movie in a Dolby Cinema theater, a strange thing happened. They had a power outage at the theater and the entire mall area in which the movie theaters were located lost their power.

Did zombies then invade the theater?

:emoji_skull::emoji_skull::emoji_skull::emoji_skull::emoji_skull: :popcorn::unsure: :emoji_skull::emoji_skull::emoji_skull::emoji_skull::emoji_skull:

Zombies to the left of me, zombies to the right, here I am ...

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Saw this yesterday. Basically, IMO, if you liked the first one, as I did, you will like this one. It basically captures the same spirit and zaniness of the OG.

One day I might watch them back to back, to see the starkness of the 10-years of age growth on the cast.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was more of the same, which in this case isn't a bad thing. The first one felt fresher, because it was our first introduction to this world, but there were a lot of good gags in this one too. It helps that it has a rock solid cast from top to bottom. I wouldn't mind checking in with Zombieland once every decade or so.

The entire cast is terrific and Deutch is amazing. You'd think the "dumb blonde" stereotype had been done to death, but she makes it fresh and funny. She's a real talent.
Madison was the best part of the movie for me. Deutch's commitment to the character was absolute. She never let her own vanity get in the way.

One day I might watch them back to back, to see the starkness of the 10-years of age growth on the cast.
This was the first time I'd seen Abigail Breslin as an adult, and actually the first thing I'd seen her in since Ender's Game in 2013. I was a bit shocked at how much older she was. She was taller and more mature looking, but the big difference was her voice. She's got a woman's voice now, not a little girl's voice. Really took me by surprise, for whatever reason.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks