What's new

YPAO Question (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Are YPAO settings final....i.e. you can't change any of the YPAO setting? Manual settings would be a different setup altogether. YPAO and Manul are independent settings?

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
You can either use YPAO and use what they give you, or you can use manual. Both of those being independent settings in that instance. OR you can use YPAO and tweak the results to your liking.

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator

The above is what I was asking about. Since you CAN'T get into the YPAO settings AFTER the operation to tweak them, how would you do it? If, after the YPAO operation, you go into MANUAL settings and tweak those, that would NOT affect the YPAO settings.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
Ya, once it's done the whole auto thing, it allows you to tweak the YPAO's results and tweak them. It'll save the results, and then you can go through each setting and tweak it manually. I believe you go into the manual settings or I think you can get into each setting w/out even going through the setup menu via the remote. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense I just don't remember how to do it. I did tweak the settings after the YPAO was done though, so I'm 100% sure it can be done.

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
I know for a fact that manual settings are a totally different setting from the YPAO. If you'll notice under the Graphic Equalizer option you have two choices, the PEQ (YPAO's parametric equalizer which you can't access) and the GEQ (graphic equalizer for manual setup). They are totally independent of each other as you choose either one or the other.

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
If you choose the graphic equalizer option instead of parametric, this does negate all of the YPAO settings. I run YPAO, leave the equalizer set to parametric, and tweak anything else that I need to. This keeps the speaker distances set by YPAO, that were accurate by the way, in the memory. As long as you don't switch the equalizer to graphic, you can tweak individual settings without erasing everything that YPAO did. So, the YPAO setting and the manual settings aren't two totally different things. Just the equalizers.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator

Well if you knew then why'd you ask? As for the parametric EQ, I have the 5760 which doesn't have full parametric EQ. And reguardless of whether the two settings are independent are not, which yes, they are to an EXTENT, you can still tweak the YPAO settings once it's finished. I know because I've done it. I used the YPAO, it showed the results, and then I tweaked a few of the results to my liking. So maybe on the model you have the two EQ's are 100% independent, but the YPAO and manual settings ARE NOT.

Chris Brock

Second Unit
the settings are not independent at all. what ever YPAO sets the different varables to is what will show up in the manual mode so you can change any aspect that you want after the YPAO is done. For instance, i used YPAO to do the initial setup and the only thing that it really screwed up was the xover setting on the subwoofer. it wanted to set it to 160hz. so after it was done i went into the manual mode and changed the xover from 160 to 80hz. YPAO is nothing more then a tool that tries to set the manual settings for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks