What's new

Your Twilight Time/MGM wishlist? (1 Viewer)

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
ROclockCK said:
Whoa! According to this piece MGM/UA fans will be getting 2 titles per month from TT in 2014! :popcorn:
Interesting interview, and yes it looks like 2 MGM/UA titles per month from TT in addition to their existing output. It would be great if TT could give us a tiny hint as to what titles to expect :)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Considering how quickly Fright Night sold out i am really surprised Fright Night Part 2 has not been released yet, not sure which studio has the rights to it but it makes no sense to keep it in the vaults.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
According to the recent interview with Nick Redman, TT has made a deal with MGM for post 1986 titles? What are some of the potential titles that fit TT's criteria? I can't think of very many.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
cineMANIAC said:
According to the recent interview with Nick Redman, TT has made a deal with MGM for post 1986 titles? What are some of the potential titles that fit TT's criteria? I can't think of very many.
I read the review as saying that TT made a deal with MGM, and that MGMs library includes post 1986 MGM titles among others. I would think that most of what TT would want to release would be the earlier United Artists titles in MGM's library.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah if it is post 1986 there wouldnt be that many of interest to me as I look at my shelves...well maybe if they release Pumpkinhead ( 1987)
Who knows :unsure: :unsure:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I just re-read the interview. Redman: "The deal TT has made with MGMUA has nothing to do with this catalogue (pre-1986) but in fact contains a fairly impressive collection of movies - all the United Artist catalogue, MGM titles from 1986 to the present and all of the titles released through Cannon, Polygram and Orion".

So, I'm still not clear if this means JUST MGM titles post-'86 or everything post-'86 (UA, Cannon, Orion, etc.).

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
That's correct, Matt--just to clarify, this is what comprises the MGM/UA catalogue -- and from these holdings selected titles are available for license:

1. The entire United Artists catalogue
2. MGM titles post-1986
3. All Orion titles
4. All Polygram titles
5. All Cannon Films titles

The first wave of titles licensed by Twilight Time are culled from the UA and Orion catalogues.

Best,

Nick.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Now that Twilight Time has the UA catalogue, my hope is that we can finally get a Blu-ray of Richard Fleischer's wonderful epic THE VIKINGS (1958) with Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh. The movie was shot by Jack Cardiff, has a fine score, and, as the TIME OUT FILM GUIDE says, it "stands up to umpteen viewings". Fingers crossed.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Wade Sowers said:
Now that Twilight Time has the UA catalogue, my hope is that we can finally get a Blu-ray of Richard Fleischer's wonderful epic THE VIKINGS (1958) with Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh. The movie was shot by Jack Cardiff, has a fine score, and, as the TIME OUT FILM GUIDE says, it "stands up to umpteen viewings". Fingers crossed.
Count me in. The Vikings is a great film.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Timothy E said:
Count me in. The Vikings is a great film.
And quite the revelation, seen from a good print on the big screen. Would love to have that done properly on Blu-ray.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Twilight Time said:
That's correct, Matt--just to clarify, this is what is available to license from MGM/UA:

1. The entire United Artists catalogue
2. MGM titles post-1986
3. All Orion titles
4. All Polygram titles
5. All Cannon Films titles

The first wave of titles licensed by Twilight Time are culled from the UA and Orion catalogues.

Best,

Nick.
Can't be, that would give them the Bond films and other movies like RoboCop and The Silence Of The Lambs.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Now this is more I like it - that means we can get some older MGM titles and maybe some of genre titles that Scream Factory isn't going to use for blu ray releases
There is a lot of cool stuff to get !
I was hoping TT could do Blu Rays for The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, the Angry Red Planet and The Brain that Wouldn't Die ..but if not Im happy with the DVD releases

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Well, obviously it doesn't include anything already released by FOX, or sub-licensed to other labels. Surely that is self-evident.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Twilight Time said:
Well, obviously it doesn't include anything already released by FOX, or sub-licensed to other labels. Surely that is self-evident.
I was checking IMDB, Fright Night Part 2 is Fox, you have a deal with them, the first one sold out, how about putting the second one out on blu ray.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes...The Vikings! Blu-ray doesn't seem like it's arrived until that's released...& of course, Taras Bulba, Tom Jones, Irma La Douce, What's New Pussycat, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, a compleat & restored The Charge Of The Light Brigade (1968). I'd better stop there...oh, just one more, One Million BC (1940), I don't think that even got a DVD release.

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
Twilight Time said:
Nick can you check the OP? Are any of the titles mentioned there in your pipeline? :)

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
FoxyMulder said:
I was checking IMDB, Fright Night Part 2 is Fox, you have a deal with them, the first one sold out, how about putting the second one out on blu ray.
Unfortunately, checking things on the IMDB can more than occasionally lead you down the garden path...Fright Night 2 is not owned by Fox, but by Lionsgate, with whom we do not have a licensing deal in place. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks