What's new

Your Netflix Service Lately? (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
My Netflix service has gone downhill for the past 2 months. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Movies do not seem to be checked in at a timely rate. I have checks clear faster when bills are mailed from the same post office.
When they are checked in, it seems that the next movie is not shipped right away. It sits in the 'next movie shipping today' status longer than it used to.
Finally, I've looked at my movie history, and I was receiving more movies per month when I had the 3 DVD subscription than now, with the 5 DVD script.

Prior to this, I would have recommended Netflix to anyone. The service was great. What happened?

Anyone else?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Well, Netflix is probably growing pretty fast. Thanks to recommendations from people like us, more and more people are subscribing, even just for trial runs. It's possible that they're just going through growing pains.

Personally, I've been having the exact opposite experience the last couple of months. 90% of the time I send a movie back, it gets there a day later, and I get the next one the day after that. The other 10% is one day later. I've only run across one bad disk. Even movies in my queue that are labeled "Long Wait" don't seem to have one when they get to the top of the list. This is on the 3 DVD Plan.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
No problems here. They almost always (98% of the time) ship a new disc out the day they receive my return. I have been renting from them since last November, and I have had only 1 unplayable disc.

Oh, and I am on the 2-out program (grandfathered with unlimited rentals). If you are having problems, I strongly suggest sending customer service an e-mail. They seem to be heavily relying on word-of-mouth for a good chunk of advertising, so they'll want to keep people happy.

RG

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
For future reference, discussions of Netflix belong in the Retail and Wholesale Vendors Feedback forum. Take a look; there are more than a dozen threads already.

M.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Maybe it's just the northeast center? Mine used to go to Flushing, NY, and I was getting the 2 day turnaround you describe. Now they go to New Brunswick, NJ.
Now, since the movies I mailed back Saturday have not even been checked in yet, I know I won't receive the next until Monday. 8 or 9 day turnaround stinks.
But I'll give them the benefit of a doubt and attribute it to growing pains. I recall when AOL signed up all those new people and service degraded considerably. But wait a minute, their service still stinks...

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
My service has been outstanding. Since I live in Metro-Atlanta and NF has a distribution center here, they get my returns the day after I mail them and ship the same day, and I get it the following day. Recently, on 2 different occasions, I’ve had new discs show up in my mail box on their street date(Phone Booth and Spun). I’ve just been a member for a month, but I think it’s great.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Netflix has actually gotten better here. Last time I used them last year, their distro center was in Michigan. Which meant about 2-3 days each way. Now it's downtown Chicago. I got my rentals of Daredevil, Solaris and Spider yesterday-1 day turnaround! I've been pretty happy with it lately.

I have also noticed a big slowdown. Things were running very smoothly here in Mpls for a long time - quick check-in and send out. In the last few weeks it has really slowed down. I'm also getting annoyed. Based on the comments of others perhaps it's just a temporary slowdown. I hope that is the case because I'm starting to get cranky.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
I agree with James and Todd. Netflix has slowed way down for me here in Southern Calif, too.

I used to get a 2-day turnaround, and I could easily get through 20+ discs a month. But now it frequently takes between 4-6 days, and I'm down to about 12 discs a month.

If it slips much more, it'll stop being worth it for me and I'll just go back to using the little video store across the street.

Real Name
Patrick Lyons
Same slow down in Denver too, and one of the shipping centers is here. I'm not all that convinced that it's not intentional so you will up your membership to have more movies out.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I can't comment accurately because I just rejoined after several years of not being a member. But the Service is better than I remember it to be,mainly because now they have a semi local dist center. When I was a member in the past the disks would have to go back to virginia it would take days from Massachussetts. Now they are going to Worcester, it's alot faster. I'm also getting new releases quickly, but that's probabl because they are enticing me to stay, I hear they give new releases to new customers first. So far I'm happy since I'm manly using them for catalog titles.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
As mentioned above, the Duluth, Georgia distribution center does a great job. I have a three day turnaround (mail day one, they receive and ship on day two, and I receive on day three) and love this service. Been a member for about 3 years now, and the selection can't be matched by a physical store, unless you find one the size of a Bass Pro Shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks