What's new

Your land Speed Record? (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
120mph in my Peugeot 206 XSi (1.6L, 16v)
Could have pushed it a bit more, but as you can get a 1 year+ ban for doing 100mph here I thought it best to keep it sane :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
51mph on a bicycle.
Beat ya by 4 mph. I did 55mph on a bicycle.
It was at a desert race in Palm Springs, CA. I was riding along side a guy who had a speedometer. We hit 55mph going down hill with a tail wind.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
1991 155mph 1987 Volkswagen Golf on I-5 somewhere between Redding and Sacramento. The CHP was waiting for me down the road and pointed out the plane that spotted me.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I was radar-clocked at 146mph coming out of Turn Nine at Willow Springs Raceway on a race-prepped Kawasaki ZX600R Ninja (during a Keith Code-taught Superbike School event). And when I was riding a 1987 Honda CBR1000F "Hurricane" on Southern California's motorcycle mecca, the legendary Highway 33, a fellow rider said he believed I exceeded 150mph--though I'm inclined to doubt it, as motorcycle speedometers are notoriously unreliable.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Michael*K

Screenwriter
102 m.p.h. in an '87 Skylark. When I was in college, I drove from Kings Mill, OH to Chicago in just over three hours. At 280 miles, that averaged out to 90 m.p.h. Sometimes I wonder how I'm still among the living.
biggrin.gif

patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Bicycle - 50 mph - teenager, downhill on 10 speed on unopened new pavement - stupid...
My Car - 125 mph - Acura Integra about 10 years ago - I-35 north of Kansas City - my wife was sleeping at the time in the passenger seat....
NASCAR Winston Cup Stock Car - 175 mph driving at Talladega - 200 mph in the passenger seat of a modified car - WOW!
Great Fun!
Mike

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
120 in an 86 Mustang 5.0 about 13 years ago.
Yesterday I was test-driving a customer's Toyota Tundra Pickup down the freeway with the radio up kinda loud trying to duplicate a buzzing speaker. This idiot pulled out in front of me and slowed down to 50mph, so I changed lanes and floored the Tundra, just then Born to be Wild came on the radio and the next time I glanced at the speedo it was pointing at 110! The truck was remarkably stable at that speed, with minimal wind noise.
I've always wondered what Toyota was thinking putting a 32 valve DOHC V-8 into a pickup truck--now I know.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
150 miles per hour in my company's CEO's MacLaren.
This car is absolutely a rocket. The acceleration from 100 to 150 mph is like nothing I have felt in another car just going from 2nd to 3rd gear. The only reason we only hit 150 (and it didn't take long) is because at 150 you run out of road pretty fast.
------------------
Dustin A. Davis '94
Dustin Davis for Dummies : My HT : Link Removed
"But they are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso on computers

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
For me, just a modest 150kph (approx 90mph) in my Nissan Primera. Still, was only revving around 4500 rpm, and it redlines at 7500 rpm. Basically, I could have gone faster, but I chickened out.
blush.gif
Too many speed cameras around my part of the country side.
------------------
Tim Maynard
"Your Village called! Their Idiot is missing!"

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Dustin: Your company's CEO owns a friggin' Maclaren F1? That's a million-dollar car, bro'. Amazing. How does the machine handle?
------------------
2001-a.jpg

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
quote: Dustin: Your company's CEO owns a friggin' Maclaren F1? That's a million-dollar car, bro'. Amazing. How does the machine handle?[/quote]
I wish I could tell you how it handles first-hand, I've only ridden in one of the passenger seats. It's got an interesting configuration. The driver sits in the middle with two remarkably uncomfortable seats to either side. If you sit in the passenger seat with a wallet in your back pocket, your leg falls asleep in about 3 minutes.
The car required many modifications to be street-legal in the United States. I'm not sure if he'll ever get around to loaning it out, but I'm hopeful--his loaner car right now is an Aston Martin, which I used a couple of weeks ago to take me and my girlfriend on a short road trip. :) I don't borrow it much since I don't want to overstay my welcome, but it sure is a nice car. He's a remarkably generous and respectful person as long as you are the same in return. That he is a person of means considerably beyond mine never even really enters the picture. It's a good deal on the job as well as off, so I love working for him.
------------------
Dustin A. Davis '94
Dustin Davis for Dummies : My HT : Link Removed
"But they are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso on computers
[Edited last by DustinDavis on November 10, 2001 at 04:15 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks