589mph -- on F-Zero for Super Nintendo. :D
------------------
003_MULHOLDROS_a.jpg
003_MULHOLDBOS_a.jpg

[email protected] 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
"THERE IS...NO....BAND....and yet we hear a band." Mulholland Drive

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
While I was actually driving. About 110 in my old 74 Charger.
While someone else was driving. Last year on a very deserted stretch of I-35 in the K.C. metro at 3 in the morning, my buddy and I hit 139 in his girlfriends 1999 Camaro SS convertible. Good lord, that thing would get up and move.
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

mark_d

Second Unit
120 in my old Renault 5 Turbo up the A69 in Northumberland on a drizzly day (wipers don't work so good at that speed), 120 when my dad was driving a friend's Daimler Sovereign - it felt like 30 :), 115 in my current SEAT turbo diesel, and about 105 in a little Chevy Cavalier hire car driving from San Francisco to LA - I wanted to break the ton on US soil. As I was slowing down, a police car pulled out from behind a support pillar of an overpass on the central reservation and I almost pooed my pants...
He wasn't after me - thank goodness.
Mark

Must have been this summer, in my cousins Audi S2 (330 hp engine. Yes, it has been modified).
He was trying to scare his girlfriend (and mine too), unfortunately she just got angry :)
Any how, the speed was approx 275 kph (I think that equals approx. 170 mph).
What a rush!
We were still going about 170 kph (105 mph ?) when we came through a bend. I'm talking G-force here :)
Revv it up.
/Mats Kellberg
------------------
Mats Kellberg
Subsonic - can't beat the feeling!

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I've hit the governer on my 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport, before I totaled it... Not on the same drive! I have also reached the governer on my 2000 Ford Explorer. I think they are somewhere around 115. I had a 1996 Mustang that I hit about 120 in, but it was swerving so hard I had to drop back down to about 90. Whenever I get the money to buy my Suzuki Kitana 600 CC bike, I'll have to make an update to this thread
wink.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

brentl

Senior HTF Member
In my car ... an old 85 Civic ... about 175 downhill with the wind :)
In a buddies Rally Nova about 200.
KPH of course
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Somewhere around 120 mph in my trusty 5.0 Mustang. It was also a pretty twisty road. Sometimes, it just helps to know how fast you can take a particular stretch of highway.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Well over 120 in a 1968 Chrysler Newport with a 440ci V8.
108 in a 1989 VW Golf.
Remember, tires are the weakest link. Do not exceed speed ratings of tires for anything but seconds, and make sure pressure is correct. And of course, don't do this anywhere that you can't see humans or traffic from a couple of miles away. Hell, just don't do it. I can't condone it.
I don't push the Miata that hard on straights, it's all about the cornering to me now. Plus I'm older and smarter.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
110mph in a 98 ML320 and 120mph in a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. All this on the most dangerous road in America, the Moutain Parkway that connects good ole East Kentucky with the rest of civilization.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection
[Edited last by Dome Vongvises on November 07, 2001 at 01:23 PM]

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
170+ mph in a testing Viper. Nice flat and straight lake bed, no speed limits...a Viper=heaven.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
155 mph!
I did this in my '93 Twin Turbo Rx-7 (Third Generation). This car was built for speed! When I hit about 110 or so, the car really planted itself nicely. After that, you are going so fast you are not really driving the car as much as you are aiming it!
The scary thing was that when I hit 155 mph, I still felt the motor had a lot left to give! I chickened out before the twin turbo rotary motor did!
I did it just see if the car could really do it. Supposedly it will do 165 mph, possibly more with some of my modifications.
biggrin.gif

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
20mph on a bike.
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Jim_F

Screenwriter
140mph in a car.
51mph on a bicycle.
I must have been insane in both instances.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Downhill, in the slipstream of a tandem bicycle.
It was on a nice wide, smooth road with excellent visibility. Still, one bad encounter with a pavement seam, and...
I also hit 50mph at the same place the following year.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
20mph on a bike. :)
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
The gauge in my 68 Ford Galaxy 4-door went to 120mph - I went past it - to I would guess 125 or 130.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks