What's new

Your home theater and your last will and testament (1 Viewer)

Thik Nongyow

Stunt Coordinator
In the day you die, whatever the cause may be, where would your home theater be in your last will and testament? A home theater is a great investment and would be part a major part of your estate that would out-live you. Would stipulate that your home theater be given to your family, friends, relatives, buried next to your grave, etc.?

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i want mine melted down and fashioned into my urn (or headstone if i'm not cremated).

kevin t

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

I'd certainly hope not. While I've got a better than average home theater system I'd have to die sometime soon for it to outlive me. A couple of years from now my 32" direct view SD set and 5.1 sound will hardly be worth a footnote in my obituary.

Regardless, if I were to die suddenly I have no doubt that my brother will have my computer, home theater and pool table loaded into the back of my truck headed for his house before my death certificate has been signed.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Regardless, if I were to die suddenly I have no doubt that my brother will have my computer, home theater and pool table loaded into the back of my truck headed for his house before my death certificate has been signed.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My wife would continue to enjoy the HT in my absence.

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
My Mits will be my Headstone with a constantly changing epitaph. with something that says "forget about the flowers check the convergence":D
Or just bury me in my mits

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Realistically, I'll probably just word my will like my parents have. They don't specify that any particular thing goes to any particular person, just that the four sons inherrit their estate, and that we can decide what we want to do with it.

I've already told my brothers that I've got dibs on my Dad's classic Mustang.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Hello,

If you are reading this, what they said about cholesterol is true.

Please sell my hardware to pay for my elaborate casket (with phone, you know just in case) and donate my software to the library if they agree to name a wing after me.

Your Friend in the Afterlife,

Jasen

PS: John Edwards and MS. Cleo are phonies!!!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My life insurance policy is already set up in a trust fund for my nephew. I guess my HT would go to my best friend who is the only person I know personally with a passion for HT.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Realistically, I'll probably just word my will like my parents have. They don't specify that any particular thing goes to any particular person, just that the four sons inherrit their estate, and that we can decide what we want to do with it.
Isn't this a recipe for trouble? My grandmother did the exact same thing with her three offspring (two sons and one daughter...my mom).

Now one brother and my mom do not talk to the other brother over his shady dealings surrounding the liquidation of the estate. If everything is clearly stated or there is a clause that all assets need to be sold first and the proceeds equally divided, then there is no chance for animosity. The way this is set up seems to be a great way to make enemies.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The worst thing you can do in a Will is not to make specific bequests.

Just saying they are to "share equally" is bad news because if there is a nickel available people will generally fight over it.

In my case I have left my HT and the DVDs to a specific individual. I instructed them that if they don't want them to please donate them to a local library.

I have also instructed my executor to not have an "estate" sale. Sure I'll be long gone but I just don't like the idea of people rummaging through my things after I'm gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks