What's new

Young Indy coming in 2005 with tons of extras (2 Viewers)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#20717

SPY REPORT: Indy DVD Documentaries
Tue, Apr 29, 03 12:24:24 AM EDT

We love Star Wars more than anything else, but other Lucas franchises like Indy always get us excited. Up tonight are some rumors about the Young Indy franchise arriving on DVD. Weed supplies our info tonight from the inside:
LucasFilms plans to release the films in one big shot in 2005 so there are 4 teams of producer/researchers working with editors who are going to create ONE HUNDRED-TWENTY (120) separate mini-docs on the varied historical figures that were portrayed in the series. First up: Teddy Roosevelt. Being created and cut on the Ranch.
No word yet on the length of each of these but historians and experts are being interviewed all over the country to be cut into the historical footage and stills of each figure. FASCINATING that LucasFilm wants to educate as well as entertain!

This is fab news and with the news of at least 120 mini docs, would be an awesome set

:emoji_thumbsup:

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
That is a long wait, but it's exciting. I've never seen a single Young Indy, and I'm itching to try.

Were these made in 16x9? Or was it way to early for that? I'll be happy if they are 1.33, but Indy seems to call out for a wider ratio.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I really loved watching young indy when it aired. This will be a real treat when it finally is released. I wonder what format they will use for the dvd's will it be broadcast episode form OR will they use the re-edits they did for the vhs combining episodes to form like 20 something full length movies.

CraigL

Screenwriter
It was 1.33:1.

And it'll be the re-edited versions.

Theforce.net is known for really $hitty rumors...most recently the IJ rumors.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Some of those re-edits are horrible. Sean Patrick Flannery sometimes wearss the most ridiculous make-up so that he can bridge 2 episodes together.

And keep in mind, it was always Lucas' dream to have these movies work as an educational tool. This news/rumor is not surprising at all. He's been taling about this sort of thing for years.

Neil

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
We're having really great, great speakers talk about the time, what it means to fall in love--one episode featured Indiana learning how to make love with Mata Hari, slowly. And, you know, what it's like to be a spy, what it was like to be a woman at that time, what does it mean to make love and how does that affect social and historical issues.
I too want to know how to make love and what it's like.

Anyway, I agree that these discs would be a great way to get children interested in historical figures. Basically, the series was about different historical figures and events, with Indiana Jones being the viewers window into those events. Hopefully the Indiana Jones brand name will get children interested and then they can discover along with him, these historical figures and events in the films and further explore them in greater detail in these added documentaries. I hope this comes to pass.

But undoubtedly the most important episode will be what it's like to make love to a woman as beautiful as the young Elizabeth Hurley, heheh.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
, what it means to fall in love--one episode featured Indiana learning how to make love with Mata Hari, slowly. And, you know, what it's like to be a spy, what it was like to be a woman at that time, what does it mean to make love and how does that affect social and historical issues.
HEY...HEY!

"no time for love Dr. Jones.!":)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks