What's new

Force.net : Indy Digital Cleanup by ILM (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Actually the scene where Marion drinks the Nepalese guy under the table will have to be changed - can't let the kids think this is acceptable behaviour for adults! The Whiskey will be changed for Iced Tea......

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Then he'll say "IT'S BRISK, BABY!" and a claymation Ralph Macchio will show up and crane-kick him in the head for Marion... :D

-Dennis

Arild

Supporting Actor
seemless braching is the answer include te unualtered version and the "fixed" version on the same DVD and veryone will be happy
I think it could be done simpler than that. How about if they just put the alternate footage on an alternate angle, like Disney usually do with opening titles and such on their releases?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
The HTF Drinking Game

Step 1:
Click the Search button on the main forum page.
Step 2:
Enter "spielberg" in the Search By Keyword box.
Step 3:
Select Home Theater Software from the drop-down.
Step 4:
Select Search Entire Posts.
Step 5:
Click the Perform Search button.
Step 6:
Wait.
Step 7:
Click the thread at the top of the Search Results page.
Step 8:
Begin reading.
Step 9:
When you come upon a post suggesting that a rumored or officially announced DVD release of a movie which Steven Spielberg had involvement will have some sort of weapon (i.e. guns, whips, knives) replaced by "walkie-talkies" take a drink (12 oz. malted beverage or shots will do).
Step 10:
Repeat.

* Depending on the length of the first thread it may be necessary to open the second thread from the Search Results page, but it is not likely.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
A bouncing rubber brick?
When Indy and Marion escape from the Well of Souls, Indy pushes a huge block out of the wall. Watch the block's shadow, and you'll see it bounces down the hill several times.

(Also, in the same scene, look for the guy that's knocked out to Indy's right, or to our left. Evidently, there was a scene where a guy is on guard near the exit of the Well of Souls, and Indy knocks him out before they make their way to the plane. You can still see the guard, slumped over in the corner, to the right (or our left) of the exit).

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I bet when The Sugarland Express comes to DVD and has "fully restored" on the box, someone will say "did they remove the guns."

That's REALLY getting old.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Watch the block's shadow, and you'll see it bounces down the hill several times.
That's funny, I've seen the shadow of that block of large rock almost every time I watch Raiders and it always looked to me as if it was making the normal movements a large and heavy object would make when pushed off a ledge down a steep incline. In other words falling end over end.

I don't ever recall seeing the shadow bounce. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks