What's new

Yippie! My local theater is finally getting "Apocalypse Now Redux" this weekend (1 Viewer)

L. Anton Dencklau

Second Unit
Happy Surprise! I didn't think it would play here... even if they occasionally fool me with an oddball release (out of nowhere this summer they played "With a Friend Like Harry") I haven't seen the original since watching the laserdisc a few years ago (side 4 credits!)
Big screen bliss! I'm just curious what sound format it will play in... Does the re-release have DTS?
The Horror! The Horror!

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
The Redux print has Dolby SR-D and DTS soundtracks.
I went to Vancouver to see Redux at Granville #7 in August, and will stand by the fact you need to see this in the largest and best sounding way possible. Make SURE you grill the projectionist and staff to make sure everything is running correctly before the show starts. :)
Jason
------------------
Link RemovedLink Removed
epi101_photo1.jpg

[email protected] 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
"Clown college? You can't eat that!" Homer Simpson
My Own Film Review Website Is Coming Soon!

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone in the Memphis, TN area know if Redux is coming around anytime soon? I have checked Moviefone every week since the release and have yet to see it listed for Memphis. BTW, this is a three-hour drive for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Sam Graves

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
You will truly enjoy experiencing this film in a theater. I saw it a few months back in Chicago at McClurg Court in DTS and it was a theater experience I won't soon forget. It rates up there as one of the best movies I have seen this year.
Enjoy
-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks