What's new

Yay, been over a year, but I finally built something again. (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Nothing terribly difficult or spectacular from a build stand point. But I'm sure happy with the end results to my HT.

Flexy Component Rack

and for my shiny new Panasonic PT-L300U a

Screen and Projector Mount

Screen shots of the projector in action and everything setup in the room can found on the current equipment page:

http://dustin.bunnyhug.net/current.php

Now I just have to get off my ass again and build the masking for the screen.

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit
I built the L300U mount from the AVS thread you reference on your page. I had to get a looooong pipe, though... I have a high ceiling and a 6.5 foot drop!! The pipe weighs almost as much as the PJ. And yeah... getting those M4 screws, especially if you want long ones, is difficult. The hardware store people act like you're asking for crack when you ask for metric hardware.

Nice screen! DIY fixed screens are the way to go. I have to use a pull-down because it pulls down in front of a window that we use during the daytime. (It's a little bit wavy, but not too bad really.)

I also built a flexi (though not as cool as yours) and a sonosub (though not as tall as yours). I actually sold my sonosub 2 days ago, though, and am currently in the process of building a proper skyscraper like yours, though. I also employed a very similar method of running the cables from the PJ to the equipment. I should take some pictures just for grins. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks