What's new

Yamaha RXV530 & Acoustic Research HC6 (1 Viewer)

Alex Sek

Grip
Would this be a good decision for my home theater setup? I'll be using it mainly for movies. I'm sticking with the AR speakers, but I'm not so sure about the receiver. The room I'll be placing these in are around 14 X 12. I'm just wondering if the receiver would be a good match with the ARs or should I get the Onkyo TX-SR500. Thanks in advance for any help.

ShaunLB

Stunt Coordinator
That should be a fine match. Yamaha will give you plenty of power and great processing.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
Alex,

I just setup a system using the AR HC6 system and a Pioneer VSX-D912K in a room a little bigger than yours and it sounds pretty good. You may want to look at the Pioneer also if you haven't done so already. It's pretty loaded for $300.00 (internet price)receiver.

I didn't have the opportunity to listen to either, so I made the decision based purely on reviews and comments, so far I'm pretty impressed with the performance of the system for the price.

Alex Sek

Grip
Thanks for the info so far. If there are more people out there that can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks