What's new

Yamaha RXV3000 "LOCK" noise (1 Viewer)

A friend recently purchased a Yamaha RXV3000 receiver and i have noticed that when a 5.1 source is played through an optical cable there is a quite disturbing noise through the speakers when the dvd goes from 2 channel to 5.1. If the volume is set to a normal level to watch a movie it is (i believe) unaceptably loud . Does anyone know if this is common? Have i done something wrong with setting this unit up? Any help is greatly apreciated.
MIchael

Bill Adlhoch

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 3000, I dont hear any noises with my unit
make sure its not the DVD player thats emmitting these noises

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I have this unit as well and I don't hear any disturbing noise. Mine is setup with an Optical cable as well. Wish I could help you out further than that.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Seems to be a problem that is not relegated to Yamaha. another user is having these problems with his Marantz and his cd player. It is the decoder dropping the dd signal when switching between PCM and DD I had the same problem and when I spoke with the manufacturer's Cal and Pioneer each assured me it was a problem with the other...
angry.gif
I ended up switching my dvd player to a Panasonic and the problem promptly went away! If you have the chance try 2 or three different dvd players. I had this problem with Pioneer and Toshiba, it did not happen with Panasonic and Proscan YMMV...
I do understand how annoying ( and potentially damaging this can be!)
good luck I hope you find a solution
Miles
------------------
Miles
DarkSide Member since(93)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks