Yamaha recivers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lyden, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Lyden

Lyden Stunt Coordinator

do any onf you know if the yamaha recivers are any good ? i need something that has good clear sound i listen to alot of instramental music i like to hear the depth of each instrament thank you for any advice

2. mark rush

mark rush Stunt Coordinator

Well its like anything today, you get what you pay for, I have a Yamaha rx-v1 and really like the power and sound of this unit, there are other brands out there that are just as good, and one or two that are better, let your ears be the judge
    Mark

3. KyleRoussel

KyleRoussel Stunt Coordinator

I briefly owned the HTR-5560 and loved it for the time that I had it. The only reason I returned it was because I got a sick deal on an HK-320.

4. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

I absolutely love my RX-Z1

5. Jeff Ery

Jeff Ery Stunt Coordinator

Only thing I know I'm doin' right.

6. Patrick TX

Patrick TX Stunt Coordinator

Ditto on the RX-V1! The detail is unreal! It is my favorite receiver of all time. Do buy an RAV2000 remote though. Will you be using it for Home Theater duties as well? If NOT, then for 2 channel ONLY there are other choices too. What speakers do you have, or plan on getting?

7. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Another thumbs up for the Yammie RX-V1. This receiver is the 4th Yamaha I've owned in the past few years. Plenty of power and crystal clear.

8. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Yamaha receivers are one of the best in its class, but if you are looking to get pure musical perfection/reproduction, you need to look at seperates. They can't be beat, however they will cost you $$$.

9. Lyden

Lyden Stunt Coordinator

i love yamaha but the good recivers they sell i cannot afford [​IMG] i wil be useing it for HT but mostly Stereo i have a pair of KLH M365's and pair of Sony SS-U610's
    my rear chanel speakers are a really old pair of 3D Acustics 1inch silk dome tweeters [​IMG] i dont have a center chanel speaker yet