What's new

Yamaha dvd changers C920 V.S. C6760 (1 Viewer)

Jason.Cr

Auditioning
I have a Yamaha DVD-C920 5 disk changer. I noticed that is kinda does what it wants and really ticks me off. I can open the tray and put a disk, then when I close it starts to read it no matter how much I push stop,it keeps going until the disk starts to play then it will stop. Same thing when I open the tray or disk skip, it keeps doing what ever then finally what I want it to. My old pioneer 5 disk dvd would stop or open as soon as I pushed the button. Does anyone have a Yamaha C6760. I am curious if this player is the same way so I can ditch this C920.

Thanks

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
I think that's common among that generation of Yamaha DVD changers. I have a CX-1, which is the 920's bigger brother and it does the same thing. I believe the transports and video guts were based off of the Panasonic CP-72. Not sure if it has the same issue. The video is so good on my CX-1 for a changer, and it sounds pretty good on audio, that I just deal with it. It is a major pain in the rear at times, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks