What's new
World Wide Stereo

Y/C delay? (Yamaha 2300...) (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Can someone explain to me what this is? And how it would be apparant with different displays (if that matters)? CRT TV, rear projection, front projector, plasma, etc.

Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Kevin, I am certainly no expert on the subject but what I can tell you is there is a test in the Avia setup disc that specifically tests for this. I used this test for my Yamaha C-920 and I didn't see any delay with that machine. Where the delay becomes apparent is with virtical colors (stripes). What you are looking for is an overlap. The Avia details what to look for.

As for different display, the only reason that would matter is if a specific display has the ability to correct this error internally. Some do but most do not.

You can fix this problem (if you can even notice it in regular viewing) with different length cables. I believe you can find more information at the hometheaterspot. Try the Yamaha forum and search that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks