What's new

XM Satellite Radio Questoin (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
What would we need to receive XM Satellite Radio in the house? We have a subscription that came with our brand new Caddelac, and my father likes it enough in this car, that I think he would appreciate it as a gift for Fathers DAy.

What would we need to set it up in the home,and how much would this cost us?

Thanks

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Neil,

I have the Polk XRT12 receiver installed in my den and it doesn't take much to install it. You can do it yourself. It plugs into your AV receiver like a standard piece of equipment. You connect it via analog, digital coaxial or toslink optical cables. The antenna is long enough(23ft) that you can strecth across a room if need be.

Drop me a line if you should need any addtional info.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I use the Delphi SkyFi2 with a home cradle at both my work desk and my house. I also have a car cradle in my Maxima so it goes with me everywhere. There are numerous deals out there right now. You can get the SkyFi2 and home kit for under $100 or pay full price and get a Roady2 receiver for free. The MyFi kit comes with car, home and portable accessories as well.

Each additional receiver will cost you $6.95/month on the family plan.

-Robert

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
I've been doing some research on XM myself lately, just check out the peripheral products available on their website, they have a ton of options. One might say XM isn't just for your car anymore.

The MyFi is good idea too, you get a portable player PLUS with the right adapter there is no reason it won't give you great sound to your home stereo too. Now that's out of the box thinking!

Hey, you guys should consider Sirius, they have Martha Stewart now! (j/k)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks