XM satellite radio.... can you help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donald Lagasse, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Donald Lagasse

Donald Lagasse Stunt Coordinator

I'm thinking about getting satellite radio for home. Anybody have any experience with this? I heard that the antenna has to be near a window. This is not possible for me.... the antenna would be about 15 to 18 ft from the wall where the windows are located. Would this be a problem?

Thanks

2. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

Some folks at the Madisound forum have discussed (and cussed!) the XM radio and sound quality.
    Try www.madisound.com and check the forum.

3. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

People are always gonna complain about something. I have had XM in my car since December and it is great. There is some compression, so the near cd quality sound that they advertise is just that. Near CD quality. Some people complain that the classical in particular is hard to hear in a vehicle. Can be bad, but you are looking for home.

Donald, At our Best Buy store, we have it in our speaker theater room. This is in between the wharehouse and the sales floor near the back of the store and it works fine. I am sure that it would be trial and error, so you won't know a hundred percent until you try it.

4. Donald Lagasse

Donald Lagasse Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy and try as you say Jeremy.

Donald