What's new

XBox live with 2 systems in 1 house?? (1 Viewer)

Andrew P

Second Unit
Is there anyway to play Xbox Live with 2 systems? My brother has Xbox Live and I just purchased my own system with Live and we want to play online against each other. It lets one of us connect to Live.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
you're sharing the same IP, no good

You need 2 seperate IPs, at least $30/month from your ISP

Transfer his file to a memory card and he can play as himself on your system

Jeramy_K

Stunt Coordinator
Andy,

I was in a similar situation. I purchased a Linksys 4 port router and it solved my problem. I connect to the web via digital cable.

-Jeramy

JayV

Supporting Actor
1. You should not be able to use the same Xbox Live account simultaneously on two different machines.

2. If you get a your own account, you can use a router to give both Xboxen internet access. You don't need to pay extra fees to your broadband provider or get a new IP. Your ISP and the router will have info about setting everything up. It is usually easy, but I would suggest you check the router compatibility list. Be warned that you could conceivably have lag issues with two Xboxen on-line at once.

3. Once you have a router set up, you and your brother can play System Link games. Get six friends over for eight-player Halo. And research your games -- IIRC, Max Payne falsely claims to support System Link on the back of its case. Ghost Recon supports it, but only one player per Xbox.

-j

HalRoth

Agent
Just make sure you have enough upload speed. Some games require the minimum of 128k. Others only need around 64. A few broadband providers in the nation only offer 128k upload. Hopefully you've got at least 256, and won't ahve any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks