What's new

Xbox Live: Cheating in NFL 2k3 to get a free win. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I checked the XBox Live NFL 2k3 leaderboard today. There are a couple of folks that are like 273-10 topping the list. By chance, one of them was online today, so I challenged him. His name was "LuvOfDaGame".

Well, we connected and chose teams. Then he must of pulled the plug, because as soon as the screen with the team stats came up, I got a "Waiting for remote system" message. The counter started and timed out. I got a message "The connection to your opponent timed out, you will be credited with a win".

Cool, a free win against the #1 player. Well, I checked the leaderboard, and saw that LuvOfDaGame had also been given a win.

Guess there is an exploit, if you disconnect your network cable at just the right moment, you can get a free win.

Here I thought all the guys at the top of the board were really good players. Turns out they are probably cheating for alot of those wins.

I am very disappointed that this very basic exploit wasnt caught and fixed. Sega (or maybe MS) really dropped the ball here. I remember before Xbox Live launched how one of its features was that no cheating would be possible. I didnt believe it then, but had at least hoped it wouldnt be so easy to do!

Your thoughts?

Jeff Peake

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
My thoughts are:

1) 10 years from now there will still be bugs that can be exploited...some of them online bugs.
2) Hopefully this bug can be fixed with a patch. I'm sure MS knows of the problem.
3) Some people (like this guy you are playing against) should get a life. They should be banned.

Honestly, I'm not too pissed with MS or Sega, as long as they learn from their mistakes.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I started a thread about this same topic a couple of days ago. Do these guys actually get self-satisfaction about their records? Do they say to their friends, "Look, dude, I'm like, number one on the ladder. I cheated, but everyone thinks that I am really good, and my self-perception is totally based on what other poeple think of me!"

Little do they realize is that we all know they are pathetic losers.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
If I see anyone with a record of 283 games only a month after Live launched, they're a pathetic loser no matter what their win-loss ratio. That's like 10 games a day!

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Yes, they are pathetic losers, and therein lies the problem. They don't care. There is a sad subset of the gaming world, unfortunately large, that gets its jollies in ruining games for others.
This is my primary reason for not being gung-ho for on-line gaming. Everybody can ooh and ahh as much as they want over online gaming, but in the end there is one truism: people will find a way to be assholes. Period.
They'll try literally every single thing they can think of to figure out how to cheat, and clearly that's the case here.
And I've tried on-line gaming, and I know it's fun. When I used to play the official pick-up games of Counter-Strike from CSNation, they were nothing less than a hoot and a half. But then, see how bad CS is these days for every hack imaginable.
I don't own an X-Box, though Live is the first thing to really make me want one (then again, I can't afford it right now, so it's probably for the best). But this stuff, ugh, it's just PC crap brought into the console world.
If it happens with Pokemon Online, I'll scream ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks