What's new

Xbox Catch-Up (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I've been away from Xbox gaming for a few months & I need to know which of these games are must-haves so I can get caught up with the latest & greatest.
-Enclave
-Buffy
-Hitman 2
-Timesplitters 2
-Blinx
-Turok: Evolution
-Moto GP
-The Thing
Feel free to get into heated debates with each other. If you liked it, I want to hear about it. ;)
note to self: find money growing on tree to buy these games
-Dan B.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
why not just get them all :)
If thats not possibly, I like Enclave, but wouldn't pay the full $50 for it. Buffy was fun for the short time that I got to play it at a friends house, although I didn' think it was worth $50 either, maybe $25. The others I haven't played.

Scott "E"

Second Unit
Best Buy has Enclave for $29.99 and it's a steal at that price. I also highly recommend Moto GP, it's a great game offline and a superb game online. I'm enjoying Blinx quite a bit (when I'm not playing Moto GP), Romier should be posting a review soon, so I'd recommend reading that as he will give you a very thorough and honest impression of the game.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
if you are a fan of Buffy then you will love the game. if you aren't though i can't say "buy" it.. i'd suggest renting it first. its a solid game through and through but unless you like the jokes and the banter that buffy gives you will get tired of her lines rather quickly. personally i loved it and it was the deciding game on why i bought an xbox. :D

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Enclave is great. It took some hits, review wise, from reviewers that wanted and easier game but, don't miss out on it if you want stellar, Xbox-only, graphics, great 5.1 sound, and some kick ass melee combat.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I'll second the vote for buffy. But being a fan of the show I like the style of it. But what really delivered was the combat system. Its very deep and very fun. A really good fighting action game.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
If you plan on going Live with your Xbox, you should pick up MotoGP. When it first came out, I passed on it because I already had Gotham and was planning on picking up Sega GT, but now that I've had the chance to play it online, it's become my most-played title by far. Fantastic racer that's deeper than it looks.

Dan B

Screenwriter
So Enclave, Buffy, & Moto GP get big thumbs up then. I assume that Timesplitters 2 & Hitman 2 are still a bit too new for most people to have played them...I'll probably wait 'til they're on sale before buying them anyways.
What about The Thing? Did anyone not like it?
Dave, unfortunately I can not get a broadband connection where I live! However, I'm planning a big move towards the end of next year so...crosses fingers
I'm a sucker for racing games anyway, so I'll pick this one up when I find it on sale or used.
One more question: Is the fact that I'm not a big Buffy fan going to adversely affect my game experience? I like the show just fine, but I haven't really watched it that often, so I wouldn't consider myself a "fan" in any way. I do hear it's a solid game, so I'm guessing this isn't a big deal...
-Dan B
P.S. Romier, When's the Blinx review due?

ChrisV

Second Unit
I'm enjoying the Thing right now. Although I haven't played it for very long, it's a lot of fun so far.

I don't think you'll have a problem with Buffy. I, like you, don't watch the show very often, but found the game quite entertaining. The action is good enough that you don't need to be a huge fan to enjoy it.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
The Thing is pretty good, especially if you like the movie. I think it's a good game for someone looking for a more action-oriented survival horror game.
And a person who is only a casual fan of Buffy shouldn't worry - it's a well designed game with an uncommonly deep fighting system. You should have plenty of fun beating up and tossing vampires all over the environment :)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Romier, When's the Blinx review due?
Should be posted by the end of the night. The forum has been down all day so havent had much of a chance to write on here just yet:).
I just beat the game last night so it will be a full review and not an "impressions" thread....

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Hitman 2 is a definate must-have if you enjoy games like Metal Gear Solid or Deus Ex.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Whohoo! I just found Buffy for $29.99 at EB Games.com.
Here's the link if anyone else is interested in that one:
Link Removed
Now, if I can just find Hitman 2 for $29.99, I'll be all set 'til next week. :emoji_thumbsup: (Shenmue II...mmmm)
BTW, I already picked up Enclave at Best Buy (also for $29.99 & am really enjoying that one)
-Dan B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks