What's new

XBL: Host Disconnect Problems? (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I haven't played on Live for a while. I loaded up MechAssault today and tried to enter about 10 quick start games. Each time I got the "host has disconnected" message. I got frustrated and read a book. :)

Is the host really quitting or is this a sign of my own connection issues? I've never had this kind of problem in the past.

Just curious if this sort of thing is more frequent now?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I could be both.

If you're playing a team game, the host will quite a lot if people drop before the game starts.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Have you downloaded the update for Live yet? It's not available for any particular game, but if you go into the Live dashboard without any games in the XBox it downloads automatically.

I've heard that the update does not really address this problem, but I was having the exact same thing happen to me. I downloaded the update and problem disappeared.

I've still been having a very tough time accepting invites to MechAssault lately, but I don't know why. For some reason, Ghost Recon is working better than ever. I dunno.:confused:

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
I had that problem last night playing Ghost Recon and then it went away later on. I think it must have had something to do with the XBL service.

I could sign in and get online, I could look at friends, and I could search for games online, but when I reached the point where it would try to get on a game, it would say "Connection broken" or whatever.

It was wacky but hopefully a one-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks