What's new

X3: X-Men The Last Stand DVD review (1 Viewer)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Picked up the Collector's Edition from Wal-Mart. Thankfully I got one of the 'Error' copies with the full compliment of deleted scenes. Grabbed a copy of the standard edition for my brother so I could get the Wal-Mart bonus DVD as well. Great movie, shame we didn't get the 2-Disc set here in R1 right away. :frowning:

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator

Chris, I totally understand and relate to your anger...I feel the same way, and don't even get me started on the way Fox treated the X frachise before production even began on X3. Singer should never have been able to jump ship, because his signature should have been on a nice, fat contract.

But---and I'm just playing devil's advocate, here---what is there to fix? [Aside from the bonus Wal-Mart disc, that is...] Yes, Fox should have released the 2-disc version in the US just like they did everyplace else. But, unless I misunderstood the situation [which is entirely possible!], regarding the DVD with 24 deleted scenes or the DVD with 13 deleted scenes, the version that was advertised is the one with 13 deleted scenes. As someone already noted, Fox could recall the ones with 24 deleted scenes and, from THEIR point of view, they would be justified in doing so.

When did I become so jaded...? *grin*

mattl

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
If that is what Fox chooses to do then so be it but, I think they should do something. It's not right to let a product sit on shelves that looks and is advertised as the same for everyone yet is actually not the smae once you open it. Recall one or the other, I don't care, but there should be just one version out there unless they are going to advertise the differences on the box. Or Fox could just turn it into a game; see how many disc you have to buy to get all the deleted scenes.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Well this is a first.

The real problem is that Fox is obviously trying to double dip, and it's not sitting well with people. Greed? Apparently.

This movie did huge business in the US. Yet they won't release the 2-disc set to U.S. market now. Why? Obviously they have another disc ready to go since they can't keep it straight and stuck it in some packages.

I bought both of the previous X-men movies on release day. But not this one. Will rent by mail.

Someone above stated that this kind of stunt encourages piracy. I absolutely do not encourage piracy, but in this day and age of YouTube video, video on demand, DVD box sets and other choices, to not release the same content to all markets simultaneously is just stupid & punishes fans like those at HTF who actually want to buy it to begin with.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I must join in the befuddlement. Fox has regularly been withholding supplements for future "double-dips" of major releases for at least a couple of years. None has generated anything near this level of ill will. What makes "X3" special?

I can only assume that it's because the supplements in question accidentally made it onto some discs. I can't imagine anyone complaining that they received more than was advertised as being on the DVD, so they must be upset that some people received more than they did. Which reminds me very much of the kind of behavior I'd expect from first-graders.

I simply don't see what the big deal is.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
At this point I so rarely even watch extras anymore.

Its rare Ill go with a 2 disc version - so a double dip isnt in the cards for me with this one.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
I just got the order from Wal-Mart.com in the mail today.

I ordered the one with the exclusive DVD.

I opened up the Bonus case and found that instead of the Bonus DVD I actually received another copy of the movie itself.

The movie in the Bonus case has just the 13 deleted scenes.

So I popped in the other DVD from the movie case and found that I got the DVD with the 24 deleted scenes.

Not to bummed about it being that it seems that the Bonus DVD wasn't really something that it was supposed to be.

So I'll just sell the extra copy (with the 13 deleted scenes) to a friend for $10 or so.

Just wonder if anybody else who got the Wal-Mart 2 pack got the same thing I did.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I guess if first graders get upset that they can pay the same amount of money for something as someone else did and receive less, it may be justifiable to act like a first grader. If Jimmy stands in the milk line and gets a 1/2 pint of milk and then Billy pays the same amount of money and is given a full pint, Jimmy might want to throw a fit.

What if random packages had the 2nd disc from every other regions' SE? Would the complaining be legit, then? Or should consumers be ok with playing roulette when they purchase this stuff? I get that Fox never promised the additional content, but the fact is that people are getting it anyway for the same price.

I guess it would've been ok if Fox had marketed the discs behind a promotion where "random" discs had more content. Heck, there's an idea for the studios. Extra deleted scenes could be like the golden ticket in Wonka bars.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Just wonder if anybody else who got the Wal-Mart 2 pack got the same thing I did."

Yes, some peopel on SSH have said they got a copy of the movie instead of the bonus disc.

Cant believe they screwed up the bonus disc content as well.

Brad M

Second Unit
Damn, I got the dreaded disc with 10 deleted scenes. Hopefully we'll see some type of response from Fox. I'll be keeping a close eye on thedigitalbits.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Just got back from Wal-Mart and it will most likely be the last time I ever step foot into one. It took 15 minutes of arguing with the CS employee to get my money back. All they wanted to do was let me exchange it for the same falsely advertised product or give me a gift card. Gift card wouldn't cut it because I would leave the store with out the product and without my twenty dollars. They eventually gave in and refunded the money. The that bothered me the most is that the store manager never came and talked to me, they only talked to the CS employee over the phone. I hate managers that are scared to face upset costumers. The poor CS employee had to take it all while the manager was safe in there office. IMO Wal-Mart should legally be forced to remove all the 2PK sets from there shelves immediately. Oh well, I got my money back and will never shop there again, Target is better any way.

Nice thing is I went to Best Buy and picked up a new copy of X3 and it had all 24 deleted scenes.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
From SHH

"Apparently the studio is aware of the problem and a customer service hotline has been established. You will be required to give them your phone number and home address. You will also be asked to describe the nature of your problem (obviously only for those who have purchased DVDs from Wal-Mart). I have personally called and can verify this. At this time they are taking down records as a decision has not been reached regarding compensating customers.

NOTE: If you haven't saved your receipt from your purchase however, don't even bother calling.

The contact information is as follows:

FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT
CUSTOMER SERVICES
1-888-223-2369"

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Is that just in regard to the Wal-Mart bonus disc, or the Deleted Scenes also?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I just picked up the standard edition from Circuit City, and it, too, has the 21 deleted scenes plus 3 deleted scenes. I believe all the TV ads just say 10 scenes plus the endings, BUT the Circuit City flyer touts the 21 deleted scenes. Perhaps different pressings were made for the ever-escalating store exclusives, but the idea was scrapped after the "exclusive" discs were already made and they became randomized. My bonus was 2 Emusic cards (50 free downloads) I don't even know what to do with.

I looked at the CE at Circuit City and saw that the description of the disc was different, not listing the DTS track, but I haven't heard about any missing the DTS track yet. I didnt notice if it said how many deleted scenes. The standard edition just had a sticker that said "loads of deleted scenes."

I have to say, at a sale price of $13.99 and all those deleted scenes (my most coveted bonus feature), this makes for a great purchase. I couldn't care less about a 2-disc set after this. My next purchase will be HD.

My best guess is somebody objected to one of the retailers getting the more packed disc, and the idea was voted down, and, rather than destroy the discs, they were distributed.

But I'm glad to have it. Has anyone who shopped Circuit City NOT gotten a disc with the 21 deleted scenes. Their ad has it, so you should be entitled; but I certainly wasn't expecting it after seeing all the TV ads, but I was hoping after I read the forum today and saw the flyer.

On a side note, I was going to pick up the standard edition of V for Vendetta at the same price, but they had no widescreen. :frowning:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
They need to remove the product from the shelves, to keep selling it when you know that it is false advertisement is just wrong. I haven't heard of one person who got the bonus disc from Wal-Mart having the correct docs on it(this is just from reading forums around the web so, take that for what it is).

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't heard too many canadians getting the 24 deleted scenes so I am wondering if they leaked on this side of the border.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator

I've not heard of ANY. There's most likely a separate pressing facility up here which wasn't a part of the whole debacle. Have you heard of any Canadians getting the extra scenes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks