What's new

X:Men The Next Dimension (1 Viewer)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Has anyone played this? I was thinking about giving it a shot since Gexpress is selling the GC version for $16.00 and I'm already going to order a game from them anyways.

My main question is, does this play like the old XMen Children of the Atom fighting game? Does it have ridiculous super moves, 50 foot flying uppercuts, and lightning fast action? Or is it basically Tekken with Xmen?

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
I've only played the demo, but it's nothing close to those old Capcom games. It's pretty much a wanna-be Tekken that plays really slow, with the most clumsily devised special moves. And I couldn't help but notice how nice the backgrounds looked, and how crappy the character models looked.

For $16 I might buy it myself, but it seems like Activision has peaked with the first Spider-Man game and has put out mediocre Marvel games since then.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Have the X-box version. Didn't like it. Character unresponsive, interactive environments poorly implemented.

Does have Patrick Stewart and some good graphics on the plus side.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks