What's new

x-files season 5 - $68.84 (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I've had great experiences with dvdmode ... fast shipping and very inexpensive. Don't forget...order another dvd and shipping is free (I think they have Tombstone Vista Series for about $14 right now too).

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
My preorder arrived yesterday, packaged very well. I'm impressed, and I'll probably order from them again.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I received mine today. I also ordered the Canadian exclusive "Kandahar" DVD, so I got free shipping.

The box set & a DVD I can't buy locally for $90. Not bad.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I got mine yesterday as well. It came so quickly that at first I had no idea what it was when I saw it in my mail.

I have to contrast this to my experience with Total Action Universe, from whom I ordered season 4. They had a pretty good price, but it took almost until Xams for the set to arrive. Even so I was willing to try them again,but I could not make the site work, and I tried multiple times. I also tried calling and always got a busy signal. I think DVD Mode will definitely be getting my repeat Canadian business. A big thanks to Terry H. for posting this info here.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Well looks like I'm screwed, my copy came today and the packaging is in French....just wonderful. I guess I'm the only one, since I don't see anyone else mentioning this :angry: :angry:

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I guess I better check my packaging carerfully -- I did not notice that it was in French, but I suppose that it might be. Never even occured to me! But it has not been opened yet and I am sure it could be returned if it turns out not to be right.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
I also want to say thanks to Terry for posting this deal! For season 4 I bought from totalactionuniverse.com and it took me over 3 months to get the whole thing. It was a big mess and I will never order from them again.

But, dvdmode.com seems like they have their act together. I got my season 5 on Saturday and saved about $40 from where I was going to buy it.

My packaging is in English, not French.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
There's a sheet of paper from DVD mode in the box that says "Please be advised that this edition includes a French and English Sleeve/Cover. It also has a sticker on the outside that says "English Language track and packaging included", but I'm not opening it to see if there's an extra sleeve in there until I talk to someone at DVD Mode.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tip. I'm always open to alternative online shops for dvd. Yeah, it's now $129.95 CDN ($82.89 USD). Luckily I can get it at a Canadian Wal-Mart for $110.83 CDN.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
well it turns out there was simply a French language sleeve on top of the regular one. Once I took that sleeve off, it was exactly the same. Hey maybe I'll sell the sleeve on Ebay as a rare collectible :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks