X-box game freezed, problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew P, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Andrew P

Andrew P Second Unit

I rented a copy of Project Gotham Racing and it froze on me last night. I have plaed many hours with the unit and this was the first issue, but im still nervous. Has anyone else ever experienced a freezing problem with any of their games?

Andy

2. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Played through ALL of Halo, logged many hours with other games, no problems.

Mike

3. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I am guessing that the disc was dirty.

I wonder how many little kids getting Xbox'es and GC's are going to damaging the fragile DVD media? I think that is going to be a big issue for the new consoles.

Jeff Peake

4. Andrew P

Andrew P Second Unit

I was thinking it was probably because it was a rental. I was real nervous though when I played Oddworld last night for the first time (after PGR) when you are walking through the 'help' level. There was a pause after a tip was given and I could not hit the 'A' button, but this happened for each tip that was given (if that makes any sense). You have to play the game to understand what im talking about.

Andy

5. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

Andrew,

that pause you talk about in Oddworld was also present when I played Oddworld at a Xbox kiosk. So, I guess they all do it then.