What's new

WSJ Article... (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
I was contacted by the Wall Street Journal a few weeks ago from some posts I made here and on the local Dallas Home Theater Group's web site. They had the article come out today in the weekend section, W8, that was about home theaters. My kids picture is shown and a couple of quotes from me are there, along with others with home theaters, some of which I'm sure they got through this board as well!!
I posted the picture and my part of the story on my Link Removed if anyone is interested. My family is very excited about getting their picture in the paper :)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Only 5 from Tom Thumb (that's all they had) Unfortunately I have to work today and can't get back out until tonight, so hopefully Borders and/or Barnes&Noble will have some more left!!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Congrats, guys! Paul, leave a copy of the WSJ for me at Borders, okay? :)
- Steve

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Congratulations, Paul (and Mike)! That picture will convince at least some people!

AND a proper mentioning of the forum too! You guys did it.

Cees

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thats awesome! I'm glad you got the Home Theater Forum and the Dallas Home Theater Group mentioned in there as well. I suppose that I should probably start going to the DHTG meetings now that it is nationally recognized. Congrats again! :D
It's as much a suburban necessity as a swimming pool.
So true.
Chris S.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Congratulations Paul. This is really great. RAF mentioned to me that he was going to be in the article a few weeks ago and that the picture that he has of his theater was going to be used. The plug for HTF has already gotten us some new members.

This is great.

Parker

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Packy,

It's good to see an article that doesn't treat our hobby as some weirdo practice. The WSJ is a respected publication and I'm honored to have a color photo on their Weekend front page as a teaser for the main article. And I don't think it hurts that I mentioned that an HT should be considered as an "investment." That's what this is all about and they understand that (return on value for money spent and all that).

Kudos to you and Ron.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
All I can say is I want a copy. I am having to work the "Day" job and I won't have time to pick one up.

Parker

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Borders was out. Maybe we can find it online.

- Steve

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Parker,

I have a copy of the WSJ and you are welcome to my copy of that section if you didn't get a chance to pick up a copy.

~Kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks