What's new

Write me a letter! I need to complain (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Well my friends, never trust a company to quickly repair/replace and return something.

I need a letter written, and I'm a poor writer, to complain about the lack of service I received from Benq.

Who's up for it??

link

I finally received my Projector on Friday, a full 11 days after the first RMA was made.

Now a new problem! The unit I got back appears to have a problem with "shimmering" on credits(through component VGA), and the Deinterlacer is MUCH worse than my first unit and makes TV nearly unwatchable.

Nobody at Benq went above and beyond to help a customer, going stictly by "the script". I believe that the girl I spoke to on Friday should have made an RMA AND shipped a unit out that day since it was a simple exchange.

If somebody is willing to help me that would be great.

What should I ask for?? If they would have made an offer I would be happy, but they mentioned(next to) nothing.

Brent

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
This is the kind of thing I LOVE doing. I love writing angry letters to companies that screw with me (like my silicone oven mitt issue, see that thread).

But I'm slammed with stuff right now, and it might take a couple days.

And you need to tell me what it is you DO want them to do for you.

And you need to never buy this brand of projector again.

Oh, and you need to promise to slam them to all your rich projector-buying friends.

I love sending letters like this!

Give me a little more meat, and I will try to help you out in the next couple of days. Okay?

MC

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Awesome guys!

I'm not looking at telling this company off. I love my first 6100 but the replacement doesn't look as good, the lie about the 3 times colour wheel and the BS I went through getting a simple exchange(after I was told I'd get a 7100, and the fact they gave me a wrong RMA, let it site there for 9 business days) are things they need to respond too.

OH, I got a return EMail. When I got my Refurb 6100 it showed 2 minutes when I started it up, and I inquired about "how do I know this lamp life is correct??" the reply was "the lamp is covered for 90 days or 500 hours" NOT the response I was looking for.

Micah; I'll send you the Email I received, but what more do you need??

Anybody know what I should request?? I don't expect an 8700, but I do expect something... a refurb 6110 with new bulb?? what do you think?? I've never complained is this way before.

I was also NOT told the customer service manager name OR address!

Brent

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
What more do I need? I need more time to luxuriate in my anger and really get the energy I need to write a good letter. I am just so busy. (Listen to me, what the heck am I doing? Blah work.)

That Planet Feedback thing looks interesting!

Sorry for the raised expectations, Brent, but I feel like I wanna write a great letter and I also feel like I need to do this other nonsense work, not nearly as fun as writing letters. I am buried. Maybe I spoke up too soon.

More in a wee bit.

MC

brentl

Senior HTF Member
This appears to have been corrected today by the head of Technical support.

They are shipping me a new projector in the morning.

I will continue to support Benq.

Thanks folks(esp Micah!)
Brent

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
YEH! Sorry I couldn't be MORE help, the way I really wanted to be, but you accomplished a cool thing. I hope they follow thru.

I told you about the "pod" coffee maker I bought from Target that didn't work when I got home, and how when I called the Customer Service line they merely asked me to clip the cord and send it to them and they would send me a new machine? Well, they did! Factory new! Second day FedEX! But... Some little bit inside was busted, so I called them back last night, and they said, no questions asked, they would send me ANOTHER NEW MACHINE! Unbelievable customer service. (Ultimately, I'm a tad miffed that I will end up with THREE coffee machines, but if one works, finally, I will be happy. Potential Customer Service bobble, kept in the air and dunked in the basket by good customer service people! So, no letter from me this time!)

I love it when things work out. So rare these days.

New projector!

MC

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"New projector! "

Yep and a 6110 not the 6100 I had!

It seems more companies are learning proper CS skills.

Now you have 3 coffee makers, you could probably fix the other 2 and have one for the bedroom and bathroom:)

Brent

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
What I may do (when I finally get the newest one, hopefully in perfect condition) is repack the slightly busted one and return it to Target as defective and get my money back. Then, the one I finally get will be... Free.

I mean, why not?

MC

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I don't get to keep the one I have, they are taking it back.

I think you are confusing a $30 coffee maker with a $1000 projector.

I wish they'd let me keep the other projectors, the bulb alone is around $500CAN.

Brent

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather see you give one to a local friend and say "fix it and you can have it", but that's a scam I wouldn't pull

I wish they'd let me keep the other projectors, the bulb alone is around $500CAN.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks